Home Selling in Eustis>Question Details

dballings, Home Seller in 32736

What is the best way to sell property with two homes on 3 acres?

Asked by dballings, 32736 Sat Sep 8, 2012

Answers

6
I recently sold a property with 2 homes on it. I agree with what the Levy's have advised. I will tell you that it may take some creative financing to close your sale. I worked with a local bank that was the only one that could get it done. Appraisals have been an issue, so make sure to have your property listed as close to market as possible. Even with a cash purchase, there are many buyers who will want to make sure that they are buying at close to apprasied value. Best of luck to you.
Hi!

Make sure you get some good photos. Even better use aerials to show the landscape.

If you own the property with no liens you may want to consider owner financing.

What type of zoning does it have? If AG you can let potential buyers know about it.

Be sure to give a good description of the property so the buyer can get a picture in their mind.

Think about why you purchased the property. The new owners will probably have some of the same reasons.

I hope that gave you a few ideas that will lead to even better ones.

Take care,

Ray Levy
Coldwell Banker Camelot Realty
Mount Dora, FL
352-978-8551
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
Selling your property in regards to two homes being located on 3 acres is not the difficult part. The obstacle to be over come is correct marketing of your property. Keep in mind, many homes in our area contain separate Mother-in-law apartments and additional homes on the same property. The tricky part is how you disclose the facts to a prospective Buyer. We would need to verify any zoning restrictions that could hinder the property now and for any future use. Doing careful research, and describing the property to a Buyer is ultimately important. You will need to know, would be acceptable to use the property as a rental, or if it can only be used as a mother-in-law situation. It is appealing to Investors, if indeed it can be split, and at a later date sell as two separate properties. Knowing the facts up-front and correct disclosure is very important in a situation like this. There are very serious legal consequences to mis-representation. Use a Professional, who can verify all the facts, and market to Investors and Residential property Buyer's simultaneously to insure correct exposure.

Sharon Roberts
Coldwell Banker Camelot Realty
1898 N. Donnelly Street
Mount Dora, FL 32757
(352) 602-6646- Direct
CBCamelot@gmail.com
cbcamelot.mfr.mlxchange.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
The zoning will affect how you can market the property to potential buyers so I recommend contacting a local real estate agent for assistance. Good luck!

Jeff Metcalf, REALTOR(R)
Watson Realty Corp.
(904)495-0115

http://www.Realty2Reality.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
If the property is all on one Property ID number in the tax records then you would just list as one listing but would disclose that there are two separate homes in the Public Description part of the listing. You would list the total sq ft under heat air for both homes on the listing.

If the property can be subdivided then you could put that in the lisitng as well. It would depend on where on the 3 acres the houses are situated.

Contact me and I can answer you questions and assess your property in more detail.

Bill Deese, GRI, SFR
REALTOR
352-250-1653
billdeese@comcast.net
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
The best way is to find a loal agent who is well expereinced and can guide you. The keys are pricing the property correctly, using a combination of marketing and advertising and having an agent who will guid eyou through the selling process.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012