Home Selling in New York>Question Details

Kristin Arme…, Real Estate Pro in NY NY 10075, NY

What is the best way to market two side by side apartments to appeal to someone wanting to combine the two?

Asked by Kristin Armenia, NY NY 10075, NY Tue Oct 1, 2013

I have the one existing listing. The neighbor is inquiring about marketing his to attract someone wanting to combine the two thinking they will get more money. Very low maintenance. Should I keep existing listing and do a new listing for both apartments, ie. 4AB?

Answers

6
line up architechs in the event someone does want to combine the two unites. contact them to educate yourself on what's involved. List it as AB sold combined or separate..
You should also have floor plans drawn for the "possible combination" and attach that to both listings
You can try to list them individually and make sure your agent includes that they can be combined in all of the marketing. You can offer a combo price break as well. Make sure the board has no issues with them being combined prior to offering it.

Chris
How does the combo price work with the shares? What if the buyer is financing? I guess my question is, will there be two deals at the end of the day? How would we combine?
Flag Tue Oct 1, 2013
Hi Kristin,

You have found yourself in a very fortunate situation, as marketing them as a possible combination can increase the amount of money the both of you can make.

I'd be happy to discuss it further with you.

Jacob Fine
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Bond New York Properties LLC
25 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10013
O: 212 792 9258
C: 212 920 6988
jfine@bondnewyork.com
http://www.bondnewyork.com
Thank you. I would love to bend your ear further. I will contact you.
Flag Tue Oct 1, 2013
Yes you should, you also do not need to change the C of O , their is a rule on the books that allows this as of right, check with the buildings dept.
Do they have approval at this time to combine to two if purchased. I would market them separately and to avoid getting yourself in any kind of misrepresentation liability.