angela.ryan, Renter in Milwaukee, WI

What is the best way to get in touch with homeowners having a difficult time selling who may be willing to rent instead?

Asked by angela.ryan, Milwaukee, WI Sun Mar 17, 2013

My fiance and I are looking to rent a condo downtown and would love to rent from an individual rather than a large management company. We are both responsible professionals with great jobs who would take good care of a property.

Answers

4
Hi, Angela. In addition to contacting a REALTOR(R) who specializes in the downtown Milwaukee condo market for any leads, I would also suggest contacting my-dwelling which specializes in matching tenants with home owners and condo owners.

My specialty is the downtown condo market and I find that the market is shifting away from condo rentals. During the recession, we saw a spike in the number of condos being rented. Now that the market is showing improvement, we're experiencing more sales in this market - matching levels similar to pre-recession. With inventory levels at low levels, I'm finding that condos aren't sitting on the market for very long.

There are a few apartment finding services in downtown Milwaukee. One such company is FindMySpotMilwaukee.com. I hope I was able to provide some insight in the downtown condo market.

David Ray, Shorewest Realtors - Downtown Sales Office
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 1, 2013
Work with a local Realtor who through their relationship with other Realtors in the area, may put out the word to the real estate community on your behalf, otherwise they can also find out what single family homes, or town homes owned by and individual are currently available to you, there are more rental listings these days available than ever before, so just connect with a good local Realtor in Milwaukee and he or she will find you what you are looking for... If you need a recommendation for Milwaukee let me know and I gladly forward a good one to you.
Good Luck to you

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago, North Shore & Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and
Investors alike....And always with a SMILE :)

Covering for @Properties Chicago & suburbs, and with her trusted Partner
Agents US & world wide properties. French, German, some Spanish &more EdithSellsHomes@atproperties.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at http://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
Get to know me! Learn about my experience, expertise, services! Read letters
of recommendation! Sign up to search for properties in my expanded service area.
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
Why not look for condos that are actually available for rent, Angela? Surely, you haven't exhausted all the options . . .
Hi Angela Ryan,

Your best bet would be to contact the listing agent that holds that listing and see if they can contact the homeowners on your behalf. The sellers (homeowners) might be willing to do that for now, if indeed they have not had any "nibbles" by prospective buyers.

I have done this for some of my homeowners who haven't had any luck selling...at least they can get someone in the home/condo paying rent to offset some of their costs.

Good luck to you! If I can be of any help, you can contact me by clicking on the blue "contact" link underneath my picture!

Kris Plechaty @ First Weber Group Realtors