Jerry, Home Seller in Central Valley, CA

What is the best way to find a realtor who specializes in short sales?

Asked by Jerry, Central Valley, CA Tue Jan 15, 2008

Answers

5
Jerry
The issue are not finding a Realtor who specializes in short sales. You issue is finding a good, sharp Realtor. This market shift has not been seen in over ten years. Many Realtors have never seen a down market. You need someone with whom you can work.

Another way to look at it is this. We had a team meeting today in my office. out of 27 agents that tried to get offers accepted from short sales, ONE was accepted. So the issue is not just REALTORS, the lenders have not been through this cycle either.

So you need a good negotiator that can MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
I would begin by interviews. You should speak with a few agents to see who you are comfortable with representing you. Also, you will want those that are experienced in short sales...one that has done them before and who is used to communicating with lenders. You want to be comfortable with that agent or team because, you will have to disclose some personal information and you will need a strong partner on your side.

If you have any more questions please give me a call. 559.300.0853 or email at Charlie@CharlieRamos.com

Charlie Ramos
Broker Associate

Century 21, Jordan-Link & Co.
Web Reference: http://www.charlieramos.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 29, 2008
Jerry,
When interviewing agents to assist you with short sales you want to make sure you find an agent that has experience handling short sale transactions. Short sales are in many ways different than traditional and foreclosure sales. The agent must be willing to contact the bank on a weekly basis and have exceptional negotiating skills and know how to work with the banks and know what the banks are looking for before getting started with the process. A successful Short sale agent will be have first hand knowledge the guidelines acceptable depending on the different types of loans and different banks involved.

First and foremost the Realtor should should know the short sale market and be able to price the home correctly.
Many times an inexperienced agent, new to the short sale process will price the home too low, the seller will accept the offer, it will get sent to the bank and after 3 months time has passed by the bank rejects the offer because it was not at market value and the buyer walks, not being able to qualify for the actual value the home should have sold for originally.

I am a licensed Realtor in Visalia since 1999. I have been successfully listing and closing short sale properties since 2007. I would be happy to discuss the process with you further and explain in more detail the pros and cons and give you all the information you need to make an informed decision. My number is 559-804-1963 or you can email me at karendean@kw.com. You can also find me on facebook under Karen Dean-Realtor

I am here to assist you in anyway that I can.
Karen Dean
559-804-1963
I have done short sales before are you already in preforeclosure stage you can write me at deryamartin@gmail.com or call me at 706 664 7774 I ll be more than happy to provide you with some info
Are you trying to buy a home or sell a home? Interview different agents always the best way. If you need help feel free to email me for more info.