Home Selling in Cicero>Question Details

Maryrita Kiz…, Renter in Cicero, IL

What is the best way to advertise a home as a tear-down? I have had no interested buyers since I started over three years ago.

Asked by Maryrita Kizior, Cicero, IL Mon Mar 7, 2011

Please visit my site at Zillow.com for more detailed information. Simply plug-in the address:
5400-5402 w 22nd place Cicero, IL 60804
I need help from someone who is familiar with short-sales in my area.

Help the community by answering this question:


Another option is for you to reach out to some of the investors in your area.

Please send me some more info on that property, because I might be interested in buying it too.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 7, 2011
I think that hiring a Realtor would be a good idea... As listing agent, I use a whole variety of internet advertising (not to mention MLS) to promote properties I sell. Zillow is not really on the top of my list. You need all the help you can get from a professional real estate agent so perhaps you should consult someone who knows your market.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 7, 2011
Hi, If the home is a tear down, highlight the property benefits and potential. This way you are being clear what the home is when marketing and potential buyers can envision what they will do.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 25, 2011
Good Afternoon Maryrita,

I was going to also suggest http://www.teardowns.com as well.
You could also contact http://www.cherrypickerinvestments.com as they have a number of clients who will pay cash for properties in need of extensive repair, remodeling and/or teardown (vacant land).


Michael Hobbs
PahRoo Appraisal & Consultancy
Web Reference: http://www.pahroo.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 25, 2011
The best way to market and sell a teardown is through teardowns.com. http://teardowns.com/ is a stand-alone marketplace that since 2001 has specialized exclusively in the transaction for this property type.

The marketplace is open to everyone; builders, investors, individuals and real estate agents. The marketplace currently has populated databases of the right local buyers for redevelopment property and as you know, most buyers of infill teardown property are local.

But, before you "sell it yourself" or "ask your agent" to help - check to see how many buyers are currently in the database for the location of the property you want to sell. You can do this by going to the following link http://teardowns.com/exclusive-listing - if a "number of buyers" does not come up in your zip code - that means there are currently less than 100 buyers in the database for your community (maybe too few to use the marketplace?). The most active communities currently at teardowns.com are Westchester Co. NY, Farifield Co, CT, The Greater Capital area, Dallas, Denver, most of CA and the Chicago suburban and metro markets.

The Company will soon be opening up its brand and business model to agents in all U.S. communities - so any agents that have redevelopment activity please stay tuned (http://teardowns.com/agent_program) - you will soon be able to use the brand and model as your own to capture business like this opportunity from Maryrita. And if your in a community where there is activity you know the importance of having all the builders, investors and wealthy individuals recognize you as the agent to call when buying or selling teardowns, rehabs and new construction.


Brian Hickey
Web Reference: http://teardowns.com/
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 10, 2011
Maryrita ohh the power of the internet. You posted this question a few hours ago and already you have a prospect intrested in buying. Regardless, Lynn nailed it! Anyone looking to purchase land will always use a realtor besides you want the most bang for your buck a realtors expertise will help you negotitate the highest price.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 7, 2011
Maryrita: It seems like it would be a simple task to do this virtually by clicking on your link however you need a short sale listing agent to come to your home and assess not only what your home is worth in our current market but help you through the whole entire short sale process. If your home has so many issues it is not worth trying to repair you can use terms such as "Value In Land", and look for cash buyers. But without and agent actually visiting your property it is not possible to determine the situation.

Good Luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 7, 2011
Yes - you need to have an agent who is Short Sale Certified to represent you. There are a lot of things to know. First, though, you must have a hardship and a bank willing to work with you who will apply. If you look for agents in or around your area on Trulia.com, look for ones who indicate short sale experience. Or, you can go to http://www.succeedwithmore.com and get an agent in your area.

Tear downs are not really popular right now, because the value is not there on new construction. But you can just put it up on the market and then buyers can decide what they want it for.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 7, 2011
Best use a Realtor anyone who is searching for a home OR land to build they always us an agent
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 7, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer