Home Selling in West Roxbury>Question Details

Home1, Home Seller in West Roxbury, MA

What is the best approach to market and sell a home privately without an agent? How can a seller list their property on MLS without using an agent?

Asked by Home1, West Roxbury, MA Thu Feb 9, 2012

Answers

11
Here is someone we refer all the time. Tell him the Territory team referred you:

Edmund Wong
http://bostonentryonly.com/

We are an exclusive buyer brokerage and have sent a lot of our clients his way when they were ready to sell. All great reviews and they have sold properties into the millions.

When you are ready to buy consider us:
http://territory.com/buy_and_save

Web Reference: http://territory.com
It would be interesting to know how you make out. I hope you'll post your results here. Especially let us know how much you learn about all the things we do besides enter a listing in MLS.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
Give it a try. When you list with a broker later on at least you will feel as though it was worth it. If you sell it on your own ...good for you.

Looks as though you may have gotten your answer here. Keep in mind that even if you do an "entry only listing" and put it on MLS you still have to do all the work and you will also need to add a commission payout on MLS for a Realtor that brings you a qualified buyers, otherwise I doubt a Realtor will show your house and you still will be unrepresented. If you have any questions you can email us wenrealty@yahoo.com. We'd be happy to help
Web Reference: http://www.wenrealty.com
Home1, you are obviously concerned about saving commission dollars. As stated below some companies will list your property in MLS for $500-$1,000, then you do all the work. Wouldn't it be better to hire a full-time qualified Realtor who can handle all this for you. There are agents out there willing to negotiate their total commission to sell your property. Might be worth a try? In my area the typical co-op fee is usually 2.5-3%. If you pay a little extra you can have full-service, and leave the rest to the professionals.

I get saving money, I do it every chance I can. Just be careful to forego paying commission dollars for more work for you plus an Attorney cost, and all the follow-up from mortgages to inspections that we deal with on a daily basis.

Best of luck in what ever you decide,

Rob
There are several websites available for you to submit your listing. You can start by googling "for sale by owner". Taking nice clean, clear photos also helps sell your home. Inform the neighbor's by sending out professional post cards, hold an open house on the weekend's.

I can provide you with an "Entry Only" listing which means you can list your property on MLS, upload up to 30 photos and have all of your property information available to buyers and buyer's agents.

For more information give me a call at 508-888-3727
Sharon Lucido
Broker/Owner
Lucido Real Estate
Your question concerns me as it sounds as though you have never done this before. Did you buy your present home direct or with the assistance of a realtor?

Selling your largest investment deserves you hiring someone that is an expert and knows the market inside out. They will guide you through the process, screen the buyers, deal with the agents, attorney's, inspectors, lenders, appraisers, fire dept, water dept. One that will hold open houses, advertise the property, negotiate offers and the list goes on. Sure you can list your home for 500 on mls if your prepared to do all of the above yourself and that you will not be emotionally attached to the process or your home.

Good luck. If you need any great Wrox agents let me know.
Dear home seller,
While trying to sell your home by yourself seems like a good idea, the reality of it is that it rarely works. Even if you get your listing on MLS - you can't use the system to notify other agents, you can't host open houses for Brokers, and to be honest, you're likely going to miss out on many prospective buyers. According to the Mass. Association of Realtors, 94% of homes in 2011 were sold with two agents involved.
I would urge you to interview some agents and see who you feel will best represent you, and hiring an agent to take up the marketing (and the liability) of selling your home. Most likely, you'll save yourself a lot of headache, and probably walk away with more $.
:-) Happy to do a market analysis for you - free of charge!
you can't post it on MLS without an agent. Some agencies can post it for you for the cost about $500 as "Entry only" listing.
good luck.
The #1 selling tool Realtors use is the MLS systems by far! You will have the option of using a FSBO sign and Craigs list -- good luck with that.
The MLS is a service run and operated by, and for, real estate agents. So you can't list on the MLS without being represented by an agent.

But there are limited service agencies, that will list you on your local MLS for a flat fee (often somewhere around $500.00 on up)...
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL