Katie, Home Seller in 28273

What is the avg $/sq. foot in my neighborhood? We live in The Crossings off Moss Rd right near Steel Creek, but still considered Charlotte.

Asked by Katie, 28273 Fri Mar 26, 2010

I am trying to get an understanding of what my home will appraise for. But I would live to find the median $/sq. ft for all recently sold homes in my specific neighborhood. My realtor believe she can sell our home at a great price, but doesn't know if the appraisal would match the amount she can sell it for.

Thanks!

Answers

4
Katie;

Based on the last 6 months of data, the average priced per sq ft is 72-77. There are different determinations on sizes though. Smaller homes sometimes sell for a little more per sq ft etc. I would love to give you precise information based on your home. Contact our team today.
Hi Katie,
I've prepared a special link for you to not only view the median $/sq., but a lot more specific market area information to include active listings, sold listings, market trends for the area in different time frames, etc... The report is graphical and color coded. You live in a fantastic area. There are a lot of homes in the area on the market. If you are considering selling in the near future, I would recommend an aggressive marketing plan. I would be more than happy to have a conversation with you regarding our aggressive marketing techniques aimed at accelerated closings.

Sandra Allen
Realtor and Auctioneer
Today's Real Estate & Auction
(704) 559-5988 x5
The average price per square foot of solds since October 1, 2009 is $72.78 and the homes were listed for an average price per square foot of $76.82 (95% list to sale ratio). There is much more to consider than this when selling or buying a home. Keep in mind that upgrades, lot size and location, and condition of the home will all affect the true market value of the home. The great news is that the average days on the market in The Crossings is very low at 48 days, some sold in as low as 20 and 22 days. I actually live in The Crossings and love this community, when your selling your home you really need to sell the value of this community and it's location. Your realtor will have access to all the information I provided here, but I did post a link below to the sold homes that I pulled the data above from. In the end, it is really hard to say what your home will appraise for until you actually have an appraisal done. Because of the volitility in the market and the new appraisal regulations, we are seeing some crazy appraisals these days. But as the old saying goes, your house is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it...and hopefully it will appraise for that as well. I hope all this information helps!
The average price per square foot for all solds since last August is $77.04 a square foot. That includes all the 3 and 4 bedroom homes. Smaller homes usually sell for more per square foot than larger ones. Right now the average of all the homes on the market is $86.45 a square foot. Homes are selling for an average of 5% under their asking price. But the most important fact is that the most any home has sold for since August is $178,000 for 2100 sq. ft. There are quiet a few in that $177,000 sales price.
If you like you should check out our website - we have solds listed on the website so you can see what they closed at. Good luck on your sale.