Home Selling in Katy>Question Details

Lisa Landry, Home Seller in Katy, TX

What is the average time that a house stays on the market before it sells in 77449?

Asked by Lisa Landry, Katy, TX Wed Apr 18, 2012

This would be a good number to quote at a cocktail party. You need to get down to the specific community.
What is the average number of days on the market in 36109? 90K price range home that has been remodeled
Lisa, if you are selling your home as a FSBO then the average time on the market will or may not hold true as you are limiting the home to be seen and marketed by agents with qualified buyers and the traffic in is not as much. And if you do have agent representation than the agent should be able to give you detailed analysis of homes sold in the vicinity of your area in the last 6 months based on similarities on what your home has to offer. Also, price and the first impression are key in selling - and again - your agent can go over your home and give you recommendations on both with the expertise they have with working with buyers and sellers. If you consider and work very close to those recommendations than you should be good in selling your home in good time. Good Luck - Abeda - to check out my profile and the level of service I have to provide and what my clients have to say - you can visit - http://www.har.com/abedasulemanji - If I can be of any futher assistance let me know.
The MLS Statistical Report published April 10 2012, indicates the average days on the market for the zip code 77449 as of March 31 2012 is 64 days.
Of course, this is a very large zip code area! Each individual price band within the zip code will have different average days on market depending on the demand within each price band. In addition to that each subdivision may have more or less demand.
The days on the market averages should be considered at the macro data level, which is the entire zip as a whole; but, also (even more important to an individual seller) on a micro data level, which are the individual price ranges and neighborhoods.

I would be happy to send you the full statistical report. It is a small 3 page PDF of bar graphs that break down the trends dating back three years from April 2009 to the current month in each category of real estate activity: # of new listings, # of pending listings, # of closed sales, etc. It is eye-opening information to have!!

Several factors will determine days on the market. If it's just a static number you're looking for, HAR has an average Days on the market for Harris County at 85 Days.

With that aside, an experienced agent familiar with your community will know ho to maximize exposure to move your home in the fastest amount of time and for the mots amount of money.

Factors to consider:
Biggest Factor-----Home Price
Home Staged?
Clean and ready for each showing?

I've had homes sell the first weekend on the market while others may take 60-90 days. While an experienced agent can get you the maximum amount of exposure, work is needed on the homeowners part to insure the home is ready each time when there are showings.

Feel free to call (832-661-4253) or email, click on contact tab at http://www.YourHomeFromAbove.com, if you'd like a one on one consultation with a Free Market Evaluation for your home. I have a complete list (90 things you shouldn't avoid when selling) if you want more information.

Jason Muse
RE/MAX Realty Center