Ltporth, Home Owner in Normal, IL

What is the average time a house in north east Normal (The Vineyards) is on the market right now?

Asked by Ltporth, Normal, IL Fri Jul 6, 2012

We put our house on the market a week ago, and we are just wondering what the average time on the market is right now.

Answers

7
Hi, Greg!

We are indeed FSBO- http://www.fsbolocal.com/viewPropertyAd.htm?id=16439. Unfortunately even going that route we will not be breaking even, so as much as we'd love to use a realtor it just isn't in the cards. We are allowing brokers to show our home, though we wouldn't have negotating room, we aren't opposed to it. We had a realtor help us price it, and we are priced lower per square foot than most of the homes in the area... hoping for a quick sale so we can snatch up a home we fell in love with in your neighborhood!

If there is any way I can be of service to you, please call or text me at 309-275-4734. I live in Eagles Landing just across the way from you and would be happy to stop by and give you any advice your may want. I have been selling and marketing homes for 27 years and do well in your price range. I assume you are a FSBO because if not your agent would have given you the info you were asking about. Glad to help if you need any. BTW, are you allowing Brokers like me to show your home? Just a thought.

http://www.GZSellsBN.com
Not that I am aware of. If you contact me directly I would be happy to look up any information you may need and provide you with some other resources that may help.
Thanks, so much Paul. Is there a way to use Trulia to find out how long recently sold homes were on the market?
You are correct, the two houses for sale from non-builders have been on the market for 93 and 183 days. They are listed at 229K and 170k.
Thanks for your quick reply! I think that Vineyards estimate includes some zero-lot lines the builder has had a hard time selling, no? We are priced at $189,900 and in a single family home. Is there a way to find this answer without including spec homes waiting to be sold?
There are currently only 5 homes for sale in the Vineyards, and the average time on market is 470 days. For all homes in Grove Elementary, there are 32 total homes on the market with an average market time of 206 days. The market is currently moving well below $350,000. Above that it is moving considerably slower.