Home Selling in Sayville>Question Details

Dee1393, Other/Just Looking in Sayville, NY

What is the average real estate commission for Suffolk County, Long Island, NY?

Asked by Dee1393, Sayville, NY Wed Feb 20, 2013

Answers

5
De Vonte Williamson’s answer
Hello Dee. Your question cannot accurately be answered by giving figures. What one agent demands for his or her services, may be totally different to the next in line. "You get what you pay for," and the more that you spend on the services of an Agent and/or Broker, the more likely you will be satisfied with your customer service and overall results, in general.

I suggest that you interview a few Agents and understand what they charge, and what their fee includes.

I hope this answered your question! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me by the ways below.

Wishing you all the best,

De Vonte Williamson , LSA
Proudly Serving Long Island
Coldwell Banker Residential
(631)384-3695
http://cbmoves.com/DeVonte.Williamson
http://devontesellsny.wordpress.com/
DeVonte.Williamson@cbmoves.com
"I Stand Behind Getting You Results!
Commssions are always negotiable between you and your agent, there are no set standards; therefore interview a few agents from different realty companies then choose the one you like best and who has the most to offer; choose your agent with care and not by commission alone...
Dee,

There is no average; there is no regular....this would be against Federal Laws.

Each Realtor charges based on their own perceived worth and we are not allowed to discuss commission charges with anyone but our prospective clients.

My mother always told me; you get what you pay for.

gail@GladstoneGroupRealty.com
If you are listing your home interview a few agents and see what their commission is, but more importantly what marketing they will do, paid and unpaid. A cheap commission that you never pay due to poor marketing isn't really a cheap commission. You can get the right combination of a reasonable commission with outstanding marketing, you just have to ask the right questions. And please, please, please get a cancellation agreement in writing so that if you aren't satisfied you can get out of the listing and move on to another agent. If you are buying a home you shouldn't pay your buyer's agent anything, find one that will take his whole commission from what the seller offers. Good luck!
Tom Brady SFR, e-PRO, SRES, GREEN, BPOR
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Notary Public, Retired N.Y.P.D. Lt.
631-682-8660
Tom@BradyFamilyRealty.com
http://www.BradyFamilyRealty.com
#1 Listing & Selling Brokerage in NY
Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc.
255 Executive Drive - Suite 104
Plainview, New York 11803
It depends as everything is negotiable. Typically in Western Suffolk it's 4-5%. Out East it's typically 6%.

Thank you for being the only honest one. I have found that most agents/brokers are sniveling leeches. Read the replies and you will see. You are alright and I will use you when I decide to sell.
Flag Wed May 28, 2014