Home Selling in Sayville>Question Details

Dee1393, Other/Just Looking in Sayville, NY

What is the average real estate commission for Suffolk County, Long Island, NY?

Asked by Dee1393, Sayville, NY Wed Feb 20, 2013

Answers

6
Dee,

There is no average; there is no regular....this would be against Federal Laws.

Each Realtor charges based on their own perceived worth and we are not allowed to discuss commission charges with anyone but our prospective clients.

My mother always told me; you get what you pay for.

gail@GladstoneGroupRealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 20, 2013
The best way to find out the going real estate commission rate is to put the Realtor fees on the open market and let the Agents bid your commission rate. Commission fees are negotiable and can vary by zip code. We find the best way to compare commission fees is to reverse-auction them. That is why we created ListingBidder.com; a free service for Sellers who can invite agents to submit their marketing plan and commission structure. It is a patent pending process that is saving Sellers thousands.

It is completely free to the Seller and there is no obligation for the Seller to pick the lowest bid or any bid. The whole time the Seller remains anonymous as we never publish your street address or contact information. Sellers can sit back and review marketing plans, commission bids, ratings and reviews. A big win for the Seller. After all, Agents are not charged to register or bid and they have no obligation to bid. Give it a try: https://www.ListingBidder.com
Keeping in mind the law about commissions, commissions are negotiable. The commission is agreed upon between the Realtor and their client. It is extremely important to be comfortable with the Realtor you are hiring. Providing excellent customer service is a must!
Hi, I noticed this conversation has died down a little bit in the past few years. But I wanted to chime in for anyone else that is interested in commission rates in Suffolk County.

Typically, you'll come across 6% as the standard agent commission rate. Commission is negotiable, and the amount that it can be negotiated is usually dependent on location and price. Remember also that commission rate is split between the buying and selling agents, as well as their brokerages.

We created our service to help home sellers connect with top local agents while paying a fair commission rate. Agents will compete to earn your listing, and when agents compete they bring out their best commission rates and value added services.

http://www.upnest.com
Commssions are always negotiable between you and your agent, there are no set standards; therefore interview a few agents from different realty companies then choose the one you like best and who has the most to offer; choose your agent with care and not by commission alone...
It depends as everything is negotiable. Typically in Western Suffolk it's 4-5%. Out East it's typically 6%.

It's against federal laws to discuss commission rates with anyone but your client.
Commissions are negotiable.
Flag Tue Aug 11, 2015
Thank you for being the only honest one. I have found that most agents/brokers are sniveling leeches. Read the replies and you will see. You are alright and I will use you when I decide to sell.
Flag Wed May 28, 2014