Home Selling in The Colony>Question Details

Txgina, Home Seller in The Colony, TX

What is the average percentage that realtors are charging in and around The Colony?

Asked by Txgina, The Colony, TX Mon Aug 2, 2010

Answers

3
Elizabeth Morgan’s answer
6% is the normal percentage for full service from a Realtor. in The Colony.
The commission may be negotiated. I have different levels of service I can provide and can adjust the percentage of commission depending on what your needs are.
Let me know if you would like me to prepare a Comparative Market Analysis to recommend a sales price based on recent actual closed sales in your neighborhood.
I am a local expert for The Colony & would be happy to help.
Here is the link:

http://www.realestate.com/local/market/TX/The+Colony/
It depends. Are you in one of the 1970's sections of The Colony (my Husband and I started out our married life 20 years ago in one of those on Reed Drive)? Or, do you live in a newer section of The Colony like The Legends? Is your home move-in ready, or is going to need some work before it's sellable? How close do you live to the Hwy 121 Tollway? Are you on an interior lot, or are you on a busy corner? Are you near the big fire station on South Colony Boulevard, the Hawaiian Falls waterpark, or the commercial businesses along Main Street (Hwy 423)? These are just a few factors that can impact our ability to sell a home. We take all those factors into account, and more, when determining the commission structure and marketing plan for selling a home in The Colony, TX.
Hi Txgina,

The average commission for a real estate transaction is 6 percent of the sales price. 3 to the listing side and 3 to the buyers side but all real estate commissions are negotiable, you maybe able to get a better deal if the agent wants your business.

good luck!

Chris Blasic
Realty World & Associates