Home Selling in Vista>Question Details

Gabriela, Home Owner in Vista, CA

What is the average number of days on the market for a 1 bedroom condo in Vista, Ca?

Asked by Gabriela, Vista, CA Thu May 30, 2013

Answers

5
The average number of days on the market for a one bedroom condo in Vista is 35 days before an offer is accepted. The average price is $197,000. I would be happy to provide more specific results if I have a zip code, sq. ft. and year built.

Please feel free to contact me at anytime:)

Take care,
Bonnie Frazier, Realtor, CDPE, GRI, CRS
DRE LIC 00832760
Realty Executives
911 Hacienda Dr
Vista, CA 92081
760-815-0722
http://www.bonniesells.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 30, 2013
Funny how people with access to the same data can give such different answers.

Over the past 6 months, the average days on market for attached properties(not including manufactured or mobile homes or senior communities) is 54 days. But the median days on the market is only 16 days. This means there were a few properties(most likely short sales) which had very long days on market and skewed the average data. The median says half the homes took longer than 16 days, and half sold quicker. The numbers for 1 bedroom properties only is 13 days average and 4 days median. In reality, if you are selling a 1 bedroom and it is not a short sale, if priced correclty you will get multiple offers within the first week, sometimes within a few hours of it being listed in the MLS.

I have been tracking resale data like this for the past two years specifically for Vista at http://www.newhomesdirectory.com/California/Vista/Real-Estat…
By the way Gabriela,

There are 3 currently in escrow. One skews the results, a short sale that was on the market for 329 days.

The other two are as follows:

1. Listed for $169,900 and in escrow in 2 days, it went into escrow on 5/22/13
2. Listed for $159,000 and in escrow in 3 days, it went into escrow on 4/25/13

The stats on the short sale are as follows:

1. Listed on 7/30/12
2. They had 4 offers accepted by seller and sent to bank before the 5th buyer stayed in
3. The seller accepted the 5th buyer's offer and submitted it to their lender on 2/15/13
4. The lender responded some time after 2/15/13
5. The buyer and the lender came to terms and it went into escrow on 05/29/13

We hope that helps better understand the market.

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
National Association of Realtors
CA DRE License 01713506
Hi Gabriela,

Vista has 3 Zip Codes, 92081, 92084 & 92083.

Using all three, and using Sold Properties as the parameter that matters most and Sold for the past 6 months to reflect the current market conditions:

There were four 1 bedroom condos sold in the past 6 months = 23 days on market (average)*

There were fifteen 1 bedroom condos sold in the past 12 months = 53 days on market (average)*

Here is what we infer from the data:

1. There are much fewer 1 BR condos on the market
2. They are selling 30 days faster dues to the limited inventory

**Days on Market reflects the time from listing to in escrow, NOT time of listing to sold

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
National Association of Realtors
CA DRE License 01713506
Gabriela,
You can check any zipcode in San Diego for this information here... See your zipcode for the details for Vista.
Please let me know how else I can help you and don't hesitate to contact me on evenings and weekends too! Fred
http://www.sandicor.com/statistics/stats2013/04-2013/Res-Att…