Home Selling in Minneola>Question Details

Sakura, Home Seller in Minneola, FL

What is the average fee that a realtor charges to sell a home?

Asked by Sakura, Minneola, FL Tue Sep 11, 2007

Answers

8
Sakura, Sakura.
I can`t answer that question , because it would be in Violation of price fixing or anti - trust, And they would take me away.
So lets ask this question instead.

What will my Full service Realtor do to get my home sold, and is that worth what I will pay him.

You see Sakura not all Realtors are the same.
Good Luck.

P.S. Interview three Realtors. Divide by three. There your Average.
Mr.P, Other/Just Looking in Arizona
Sakura:

The two previous answers are cautious and correct. All Real Estate commissions in the state of Florida are negotiable, and there are all types of business models out there. Meet with a few Realtors® in your area and discuss market conditions and what commission structure would best help you accomplish your real estate goals. In many parts of Florida, builders are offering high incentives for buyer’s agents to bring their customers to their model centers. Do you have to compete with them? All of the agents you interview should be able to intelligently discuss this factor and any other factors that impact your decision on the best marketing plan for your home. I wish you much success hope this information is helpful in some way.
Web Reference: http://LisaSpencerHomes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 12, 2007
It's always great to use a realtor or agent when selling your home. However with the internet and information available to consumers. Many home owners are selling by owner and keeping all the profit. It's your house and you need to do what's best for your particular situation.
what is the average fee that a realtor charges to buy a home in the state of ILL.
Sakura
You have received some very good answers so far.
My question to you is this: Is the purpose of your question to:
a) know how much you will net (cash in your pocked) after your home sells?
b) Not have to pay too much to sell your home?
c) Find the best agent who can help you

Having been a home seller prior to becoming a Real Estate Licensee, I recall being in your shoes.
Depending upon your answer to my questions above, you look at things differently.

I learned that there is a difference between the costs associated in the sale of your home, and the amount you will net. To give you one example, in a typical buyers market, there are more homes for sale than buyers. That means, if you take the National Association of Realtors' average, a buyer will look at 12 homes before they buy.

If there are 50 homes that are roughly comparable to yours,how will the Realtor, who brings the buyer 90% of the time, select which homes to show the buyer? So the answer is probably, all other factors being equal, the homes that compensate the Realtor the most.

Commission are negotiable. Both up and down. I received an email flyer advertising a listing for 5% commission to the selling office this week. Five percent! Are they kidding? No, just trying to get my attention.

Keith
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
Hi Sakura:

I agree with all the answers so far. There is not a set charge for a fee but you will find that most of the Realtors are competitive in commissions within a certain geographic location.

Having said that, you will also see advertisements from discounted brokers who claim that they charge much less and will quote a percentage other Realtors' charge which may or may not be true. In our area, they overstated what's customary in our area to dramatize the differences in fees charged and neglected to mention the kind of services they will “NOT” provide. So be careful of what you see and hear and what is provided with the fee to get a real picture.

The most important thing for you as a seller in this buyers market is to find a reputable, experienced realtor who is going to put a lot of efforts into selling your house before, during and after. Difference in one point or 1/2 a point might mean differences in how they market, service your home and how they negotiate on your behalf; resulting in bigger percentage differences or longer days on market when your house is sold.

Interview a few Realtors – get referrals from friend/families, or go to a few reputable companies in your area. The realtors should all give you a Listing Presentation explaining their services. Listen carefully and then decide who you want to use, but don’t put a percentage as the first criteria.

Good Luck on your Sale!
Sylvia
Sylvia Barry,…, Real Estate Pro in Novato, CA
According to the National Association of Realtors on May 17, 2007: "All real estate commissions are negotiable and the average is 5.1 percent, according to the most recent available data."

But if Minneola's average is 7% and you only pay 5.1%, you are not going to be competitive. When you are interviewing agents, ask but verify. If they tell you the average in Minneola is 6%, have them show you several MLS listings showing the co-broke commission. If they all say 3.0%, then you can believe them, if they all say 2.5%, don't believe them.

Ruth
Ruthless, Other/Just Looking in 60558
Sakura
There are no set real estate commissions. Each office should have in their policy mandating their fees for selling homes in their area. What you really shoud be concerned with is marketing of your home. My company offers so much more than other companies when it comes to spending the money to advertise your home and show it in its best light. As an owner of a Real estate company, we take our expenses and weigh it against the fees we charge to make sure there is some profit in the end. I hope this helps, Joan