Indira, Home Seller in Bridgwater, nj

What is the average days on the market for a house priced between 950k and 1.5m?

Asked by Indira, Bridgwater, nj Mon Mar 24, 2008

Answers

11
do not sell your house
keep it
not a good time to sell your house.

have a nice day
Those numbers are based upon your market area, go to http://www.Otteau.com, click on market trends to view Bridgewater current statistics.
Web Reference: http://www.Otteau.com
Hi Indira, Jeannie Feenick here again - the question you asked can be best answered by measuring the "market absorption rate" for similar homes in the community. The calculation is simple - take the total number of homes on the market in the category (the better you comp it out the more accurate your read - so similar homes in the same area/community) and divide by the number of homes in the same category that have gone under contract in the last 30 days. The result will be the number of months it will take for the current inventory to be absorbed/sold at the current rate of sale. It is a very helpful gauge to estimate time to sell, and should be revisited periodically as conditions do change. This information is easily accessible by an agent. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if I can be of assistance.
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
Hi Indira,
The Martinsville section of Bridgewater is definitely an extremely desirable community. The average days of the market depends greatly, based on several factors, including:

- Condition of the home,
- Time of the year (Yes - the Spring Market is one of the best times to sell a home quickly!),
- Correct pricing of the home,
- effectiveness and extent of Marketing (make sure it gets posted on as many internet sites as possible!),
- Home tour availability (a lockbox and easy access can definitely make a difference)

I suggest you make sure before you ever list your home that the real estate agent you choose to work with is someone who has experience and will market the home properly. The more exposure to potential buyers that your home gets, the better chance of getting an offer in the fastest. Internet marketing is very important today, especially in that price range.

Of course, as the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. If you are interested, I can e-mail you a list with pictures of other homes which have recently sold in that price range, in that area, showing how long each was on the market before it went under contract. My contact info is on my website. I have successfully sold many homes in Bridgewater - including that price range.

Best of Luck with your decision!

Lou
Hi Indira, if you are still contemplating a home sale, please contact me and I will review the current market absorption rates for homes in your price range in the Martinsville area. If you do want to sell in this calendar year, then you should move quickly so that you catch a piece of this Spring market. Traditionally, the Spring market is the strongest portion of any calendar year period and I've no doubt this will be true this year. In fact the Spring market is well underway! Buyers are out there, looking and buying when they perceive value. I would be honored to assist you and hope that you allow me the opportunity to come to the table and present what I can do for you. I encourage you to visit my website.
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
Hi Indira,

Larry has some good points about Coldwell Banker Previews.

I had been many years with Coldwell Banker, and I am a certifed Previews Luxury Homes Specialist. In our area, I had most of the Luxury "Previews" Properties in the area. A great designation to have as the training was excellent and very few people get the actual designation. I was one of 3 in the area.

Contact me for information as to why I had left that position and I am heading Orange Key Premiere Properties. I disagree about the luxury market "shrunk" maybe in Greensboro, NC but not 30 miles from NYC. As a former Wall St. financial person, I use many contacts and local marketing techniques to find the buyers. This market is about key contacts in NYC and the surrounding areas to bring that buyer to me. Knowledge of "who" is buying in the luxury market our area and how to contact this group is key.

I suggest you speak to 2 agents in your area, especially a CB Previews agent, then call me to discuss the details of selling your home. I am confident that the services I offer will exceed your expectations.

John Sacktig
Orange Key Premiere Properties

Direct: 732-213-1409
Thank you both for the information. Right now we are just thinking about selling, not quite ready. I'm just getting information together so I'm ready when we make the decision.
Indira,
John is correct. The home must be priced appropriately the first time. It depends on your motivation and whether you really want to sell the home. I market luxury homes and my company Coldwell Banker has a specific designation for such listings called Previews. These are unique homes that must meet certain critiera before they can be considered to be a "Previews" home. We are an international company and look worldwide for our luxury home clients. You have to consider that once you reach the million dollar mark the market for buyers has shrunk considerably. So we reach out everywhere to find the buyers you need for that luxury market. While I am in NC I can easily refer you to a top Previews qualified agent in your area to help you if need be. If you have any questions about these types of homes just pick up a Unique Homes magazine and look at some of the Previews listings.

Larry Story
Coldwell Banker Triad
Hi Indira,

This is my specialty. I market luxury homes. If the house is priced correctly and has the amenities and updates, with the right agent at this time of the year you can get it done in 90 -120 days. Bridgewater is a desirable area and people are looking.

This price range is a different conversation regarding the property then the average home sale. The clients are usually in a position to purchase with less negotiation. It is important to make the correct choice in realtors. Your realtor should be educated in luxury property sales and have a set marketing plan for this type property.

If you would like more information in what I do for my Luxury property clients, email me.

John Sacktig
Broker / Sales Associate
Orange Key Realty
Premiere Properties

JSacktig@Orangekeyrealty.com
Martinsville section of Bridgwater. The range I'm looking for is 950,000 thru 1.15m (I mistyped it the first time.)
Indira....

What city is the property located in?
Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in San Ramon, CA