Home Selling in Las Vegas>Question Details

Trulia Las V…, Other/Just Looking in Las Vegas, NV

What is the average “days on market” for listings in Las Vegas?

Asked by Trulia Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV Mon Feb 4, 2013

It is really hard to tell right now the "average days on the market", because we have 3 groups of sales:
1. traditional sales- if the price is right they stay on the market for about a week, until receive mulitle offers and closing depends of the purchase with loan or cash can close within 15 days to 3 months.
2. foreclosure-is almost like traditional sale- you can close quick if it is a cash purchase.
3. short sales-the most of them falling under"contingent" status, after the seller accept the offer. Some of them fail , because the buyer do not want to wait for that long to approval of short sale, or submit multiple offer and got more than one accepted, or do not like the condition of the property after inspection, or...... it is too may things to list.
If you want to list your house for sale and worry how long is going to stay in the market, contact with me to discuss how fast I can sell you house for top dollars and how to avoid 27 sellers mistakes and traps on inspection. I also can help you to prepare your house for sale.
My website http://lasvegasforsalehomes.com
Even if you are upside down on your mortgage I can still help
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 7, 2013
It depends.... You have to take out short sales from the data. We sell 5-15 homes a month so our pulse is as follows, priced at market days on market 1-7 days, priced 10% over market you can usually get this price due to low inventory but it tends to take 3-5 weeks. Luxury market is more like 75 days if priced in the market range.

As a generalization about 20-30 days...

Dale Snyder
DOM is not accurate due to short sales that sit in escrow for months and months.

Robert Adams
The Adams Team at
Rothwell Gornt Companies