Meister29, Home Buyer in Edmond, OK

What is the amount of time it takes to sell a home in this year of 2013.?

Asked by Meister29, Edmond, OK Mon Mar 25, 2013

Answers

7
Josh Barnett with Metro First has a proven track record of selling homes quickly. Call him at 405-315-7965.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 23, 2013
Will the home be priced 1) at Market, 2) above Market or 3) below market?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 19, 2013
In the Oklahoma City metro area, generally homes are selling on an average of 80 days on the market. However, if I know the property in question exact address and other characteristics, I can give you less general approximate. Feel free to email me Jenn@ShowMeOKC.com for a more specific timeline for selling your property.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 26, 2013
There are a lot of factors that come into place when determining the amount of time it will take a sell a home. Some price ranges sell faster than other price ranges. If it is a very marketable property (in a good area, priced right, and doesn't have anything that is too unique for the common buyer), there's not reason it shouldn't sell in less than 30 days. Some take a little bit longer in Edmond, just because of the amount of houses to choose from in certain price ranges.

I'd be more than happy to take a look at it for you and give you my personal opinion and I could give you some pointers on things you could do to make it the most marketable (sometimes it is just a matter of moving furniture around). There would be absolutely no obligation on your part.

If you would like me to do that, just let me know. My number is (405) 831-5543 and my email is info@trentrhodes.com. Feel free to call or text any time.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 25, 2013
Depends on the location, the type of property, and whether it's priced properly.

Near where I am (Northern Virginia), the average days on market is well under 30. In some areas, it's under 15 days.

Check with a local Realtor for the statistics in your area. Your local MLS also can provide that information.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 25, 2013
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
In the Bay Area, most decent homes are selling within 7 days and that's only because sellers are waiting 7 days to review offers. Otherwise, almost anything listed can be sold the same day with multiple offers.
Web Reference: http://www.archershomes.com
Well, there are several considerations in what can contribute to a house selling quickly: 1) Location, 2) Condition, 3) Amenities, 4) Price, 5) Supply and demand, 6) Economic conditions (including interest rate...).
For homes that are priced right, they are selling like hot cakes right now. A shift is happening recently, though interest rates are still super low and favorable to buyers, sellers are pleased as well, as the market is becoming more of a sellers market and sellers are getting close to list price, IF the house is priced right. If you are considering selling, now is a GREAT time. Those things that you can do to give your house a competitive edge (store extra furniture, minimize clutter, update affordable things such as hardware, paint, and dated wall paper... clean carpets and if in bad shape, price out what it would cost to replace it...outside curb appeal is very important too...remove dead plants, trim overgrown landscaping, repair peeling paint, remove greasy spots from the driveway, plant some spring color...) Basically, how your house COMPARES to similar homes, value-wise and what it has to offer a potential family. If you need help marketing or selling your house, or are looking for a new home, I would love to help you.

Give Katy Stark a call at: 405-255-4074, for the OKC-Metro, Oklahoma and surrounding areas.