Home Selling in Pullman>Question Details

Sheri Stovall, Home Seller in Chicago, IL

What is the Realtor's average commission on selling a mobile home in Pullman, Michigan?

Asked by Sheri Stovall, Chicago, IL Wed Apr 9, 2008

Answers

3
I probably shouldn't be answering this since I'm across the country but I bet these type of homes are handled the same way out there.

If the mobile includes a land parcel that it's sitting on the commission will be about the same as for a stick built house. That's 6-7% out here. If it's in a park the commission is much higher, usually 10%, because those are so much harder to sell and the agent has to deal with park management and their approval. If it's an older model with a lower value (under $25,000) many agents charge a flat fee that could be in the $3000 - 4000 range. In some states, real estate agents aren't even allowed to sell mobiles that don't include land so you may have to use a mobile home dealer. Check your regulations.
Michigan rates may be different than Washington state. And every situation can affect costs. With mobile homes, in a park, average commission is 10%. When it comes with land generally 6%. Mobiles are used in such a variety of ways, that commissions vary greatly... Good Luck !!
You would most likely see a 6% commission, that would be split between the listing agent and the buyers agent. Although if the home is selling for over 300,000.00 it would be acceptable to lower the commission perhaps a half of a % or even a whole %.