Home Selling in Neptune>Question Details

Peter, Both Buyer and Seller in Freehold, NJ

What is really a "fair" fee an attorney charges for a real estate transaction in Monmouth County NJ? I am a seasoned contractor and have been

Asked by Peter, Freehold, NJ Fri Jun 7, 2013

involved in about 540 r/e transactions(32 years worth). Used to do NJ but last 6 yrs mostly out of state. I do not do million $ homes as I like to do first time home buyer ,single family and free standing properties (stay away from condos/townhomes). I buy "as is" and sell "as is" (meaning I really buy "as is" after inspections as I am not emotional about R/E and my buyers try to negotiate everything. I squash that out of the gate because I offer great clean homes with nothing to hide) My attitude is take it or leave it right away and they understand that immediately as I never have just one buyer. I price to sell and the finished product I provide allows me to do that. I understand that title insurance companies in NJ are somewhat regulated as to what they can charge (of course they always find x tra fees) I would use a title company to handle the transactions but I just like an xtra pair of "qualified" "expert" eyes to check contracts over just to make sure I am not getting screwed.

Answers

3
And, here's my note/answer with my professional page. ...I'm also purchasing a second home in Boca Raton! See below, thanks!

I can appreciate your professional style. Very direct, no non-sense and focused on the profitable bottom line. My team and I operate that exact way too.

Here's a top notch, NJ real estate attorney, who is the absolute best. Steven H Salami Esq., feel free to mention my name and he will be happy to work with you. By the way, he happens to be the best & most reasonable, his settlement fee is only $650.00. Plus, he works with Red Key Title Company which is an outstanding title company which I co-market with often.

Wishing you the very best!

Dana B. Sanfiorenzo
Broker Associate

West Monmouth
East Monmouth
Monmouth Ocean

Cell (732) 306 - 3062

OneDana@kw.com
http://www.DanaClosedit.com

Here's a top notch, NJ real estate attorney, who is the absolute best. Steven H Salami Esq., feel free to mention my name and he will be happy to work with you. By the way, he happens to be the best & most reasonable, his settlement fee is only $650.00. Plus, he works with Red Key Title Company which is an outstanding title company which I co-market with often. Wishing you the very best!

Dana B. Sanfiorenzo
Broker Associate

West Monmouth
East Monmouth
Monmouth Ocean

Cell (732) 306 - 3062

OneDana@kw.com

http://www.DanaClosedit.com

-----------------------------------
Hi Peter

I am working with a similar investor as yourself and they have an attorney that charges $800 but the title company still does the closing.

I believe that if the attorney does the closing the Title company will charge about $400 less for the closing.

In this case when the attorney does the closing they charge from $800 to $1200. som e hav additional fees and some don't. It is best to have an attorney that strictly does Real Estate.

My favorite is Eric Hausman 973-256-1414