Mike, Home Seller in Lakewood Ranch, FL

What is happening on the sellers side of the market?

Asked by Mike, Lakewood Ranch, FL Fri Dec 7, 2012

My wife and I own a home in Lakewood Ranch in 2005. A relocation took us out of state a year later. We have not had a problem leasing it for the last 6 years. Our home was built in 2003, 1960 sq ft, 3/2 and no pool. Lease will be up at the end of June. Any feedback would be helpful.
Thanks, Mike

Answers

8
Hi Mike,

Prices have rebounded in the last few years, and especially for popular locations such as Lakewood Ranch. Three or more bedroom homes built 2003 or newer are definitely in demand. However, you do need to keep in mind that you will be competing with new construction in villages such as Greenbrook and Central Park, as well as nearby communities such as Eagle Trace, so hitting the right list price is important. You will also be competing to a lesser extent with other new construction within 5 - 10 miles of Lakewood Ranch, in communities such as Woodbrook. Neal has broken ground on 2 new communities just west of Lockwood Ridge Road in the past month, with model homes to be open for next winter's season, DR Horton is building just a block from one of those new Neal communities. Knowing your competition is important when selling a home.

I have found buyers of homes in Lakewood Ranch are typically looking for move in condition. You've had tenants for the past 6 years, and tenants tend to do more wear and tear on a home than if it were owner occupied. Have you checked the interior of the home lately for overall condition? Paint on the walls, floor coverings, condition of appliances? Some freshening up after the tenants leave might be worth the time and effort in terms of appeal to buyers and price.

Whether or not this is a good time for you to sell your Lakewood Ranch home would depend on a lot of factors that have to do with not only the current market but also your family's financial needs and goals.

If you'd like to discuss this further, you can reach me at the contact info below.

Diane Christner, Realtor, GRI, SFR
Realty Executives Solutions
Sarasota, FL
cell: (941) 726-7109
http://www.DianeChristner.com
Hello MIke,
My name is Adam Miller with Keller Williams Realty in Lakewood Ranch. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to give me a call (941) 350-0151

http://www.searchallproperties.com/propertyvaluation/AdamMil…
http://www.lakewoodranchliving.com/mimarket/zip/34202/ This will give you some great insight into the Lakewood Ranch Housing Market
The Sellers side of the Market is extremely active with current owners using this opportunity to sell and repurchase the home that they want now.

It makes sense to capture your property's equity and convert that into CASH or into another home that more appropriately suits your current living preference.

Whether you want to upsize or downsize, this are has Hundreds of options to choose from and many active buyers to help you make the transition.

I would love to walk you through the process and explain the details so yu can fully understand what a wonderful time it is to sell.

Fell free to contact me so I can give you the dedicated and up to date Information you deserve to make the best informed decision.

Cynthia Williams - REALTOR
941-404-5836
Mike,

I have lived in Lakewood Ranch since 2004 and know this market well. We are currently downsizing and are selling our home. The sales market in Lakewood Ranch is hot and now is a good time to sell. The pundits are saying we may be creating a bubble again - who knows. We sold our last home at the peak in 2006 at $340/sf. The market is not there now but it is very strong and we can help you. If you want to sell don't put your house on the market until after the first of the year. Your lease makes it a little more difficult to sell if a buyer wants immediate possession and you don't want it sitting on the MLS for 6 months.

Alan
Medway Realty
Hi Mike,

There is no question that the real estate market in Lakewood Ranch is coming back. Inventory is down, home sales are up, average sales price is up, and # of days on the market is down. If you're home is priced right it will sell. However, with that said, prices are still far below where they were in 2005. Just to give you an idea, we bought our home in 2006 for 460K and just had it appraised for refi purposes at 315K and we could probably sell it for 330K. Better than last year and the year before, but obviously not even close to 2006...and 2005 was even higher. At the same time the rental market in LWR is very hot! Not sure what you are getting for you home, but these days rentals in Lakewood Ranch, even without a pool, are going for around $1.00/sq. ft. If you'd like me to do a comparative market analysis to give you a better idea of what you can get for your home just give me a call or send me an email.

Best Wishes,
Adam Waxler
Broker Associate
uKeepComission Real Estate
941-465-9206
adam@uKeepCommission.com
http://www.uKeepCommission.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 9, 2012
Mike,
Seller side of the market. You have provided excellent data that will allow a great response.
This November, the Remax Realtec brokerage in Palm Harbor Florida had the BEST MONTH EVER in volume of sales. Even better than 2005...and that was a GREAT year.
-
Take a look at my Trulia blog and observe a few of the market in a minute reports and you will visually see where we are today in comparison to 2005. (http://www.trulia.com/blog/AnnetteLawrence/) This is important since the price you paid in 2005 is unlikely to be matched in the foreseeable future. However, the MIAM reports reflect that real estate is a local affair. Some communities, Villa Del Mar, seem to have rockets strapped to their assent in value.
-
You have read, and it is true, the market has tipped towards the benefit of the seller. Low inventory, challenged sales such as shorties and bank owned, put home sellers in a position where the are not required to 'take it' on the nose in every transaction.
-
Contact a real estate professional in Lakewood Ranch and have them share, in detail regarding what is happening in the shf/ 3/2, 1960 SF, no pool, Lakewood Ranch marketplace.

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence. Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://FirstLookHomes.us
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 8, 2012
Hi Mike,
The market is picking up and with shrinking existing home inventory, you should be able to sell in June easily. If you need help with getting an estimate on the value of your home, I would be happy to assist you and I can keep you appraised of the market.
Terri
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2012