Home Selling in Phoenix>Question Details

lea.lavulavu, Home Seller in Tahoe City, CA

What is full cash value?

Asked by lea.lavulavu, Tahoe City, CA Fri Feb 8, 2013

I am wanting to sell my home and the price I want to sell it is less than the full cash value, or the limited property value. What does this mean?
Thanks.

Answers

7
Al Rivera’s answer
Lea,

You will want to check with your County Tax Assessor's Office there in Tahoe City, CA for a definition of those terms. Here in Arizona Cash Value and Limited Property Value are definitions used in determining taxation of personal and commercial Real Property.

Full Cash Value is a reflection of the market value of your property and consists of land and improvements. The FCV is used to compute secondary taxes, which may consist of bonds, budget overrides, and special districts such as fire, flood control, and other limited purpose districts.

Limited Property Value is a value determined by a statutory formula mandated by the Arizona State Legislature. The LPV is used to compute primary taxes for the maintenance and operation of school districts, cities, community college districts and counties. The LPV cannot exceed the property's Full Cash Value.

If you just trying to sell your personal, primary or investment, property, you do not need to be concerned about these definitions. You should contacting your local Realtor to discuss your particular property's marketability and the condition of your area's housing market, and how your property compares to the supply and the demand of your particular property.

These aspects will help you and your Realtor determine the Market Value of your property. In comparing your Market Value Range to your Pay Off of the Mortgage or Lien, you can then decide whether you will walk away with proceeds from the sale or begin a discussion with your Realtor of other options; like a Short Sale.

Best of luck,

Al Rivera
Realtor, CDPE
Prudential Arizona Properties
8950 S. 52nd Street, Suite 107
Tempe, AZ 85284
602.750.7141 Direct
480.385.1500 Office
480.385.1501 Fax
http://www.alrivera.pruaz.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 8, 2013
Is this home in az or ca?

Full Cash Value is a reflection of the market value of your property and consists of land and improvements. It is used for tax purposes.

Ryan Buckley Realtor®
Turning your Dream into an Address
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
480-440-4541
ryan.buckley@azmoves.com
http://www.liveinscottsdale.com
http://www.facebook.com/rcoldwellbanker
twitter @rcoldwellbanker
We are very effective at determining the actual value that a property will sell for and would be glad to provide you with that service.

Lets communicate and determine the best path for you.
Is the property in CA or AZ?
I agree with Sonny, you shouldn't be concerned with full cash value. I am in the top 50 agents for Century 21 in our region and I almost exclusively deal with listings - that includes short sales and traditional sales. I would love to help you sell your home. Please contact me for an analysis on your home and my marketing plan that will work to get your home sold.

Rachel Shanahan
Century 21 Northwest
602-400-3841

I believe "Full Cash Value" or "Current Market Value" is typically how the county assessor values property for tax purposes. This is not the same as the "Market Value" of your property, which is the price a potential buyer would pay for your property in the current market place. If you mean you want to sell your home for less than you owe to a lein holder (a mortgage or trust), than you would be looking for information about short sales. I or any of the other Realtors who reply would be happy to help you sell your home in either case. A Realtor can help ensure that you price your property to ensure it gets sold in a timely manner, at the correct price point.

Hope this information helps!
Lea,

It doesn't mean anything. You should only be concerned with the payoff amount of your mortgage(s) and that the sale proceeds will pay that debt. If not, then you need to do what's called a short sale. A Realtor® can provide you with comparables in your neighborhood to help guide you on a realistic selling price. Based on that price recommendation, if the net proceeds will pay off your mortgage then you are fine. If not, then you are in short sale territory.

I am a top 1% producer at West USA Realty - the #1 brokerage in the valley - and have been recognized by The Phoenix Business Journal for my accomplishments. If you'd like to speak to a top valley agent, give me a call to discuss your needs. You can get top dollar in this market, but only if you have professional representation with professional photos, descriptions, and featured listing status. The quality of our listing photos and presentation are unmatched by most listings under $1 million.