Patricia M, Home Owner in Flushing, NY

What is a realistic asking & selling price for this 1BR co-op in Kew Garden Hills? Average time on market?

Asked by Patricia M, Flushing, NY Thu Apr 19, 2012

We're trying to decide whether to rent our apartment out when the tenants leave in June or list it for sale. It is a huge (over 800ft) 1 bedroom w/ hardwood floors, 5 closets, 8 windows, great layout, kitchen redone a little over a year ago (new cabinets/marble backsplash/coordinating laminate counters/sink/faucet/rangehood/overhead light/new tile floors/paint, etc). The bathroom was redone approximately 8-10 years ago.

The apartment is on the 3rd floor of 7 in an elevator building, laundry in basement, live-in super, wait-list for parking, 1 block from Union Tpke, 3 from Main St, 2 from the Q46 bus to the E/F (7 min ride), 3.5 blocks from express bus to Manhattan. Super low maintenance of $532 includes heat, hot water, and taxes; building requires 10% down & board approval.

I see a wide range of apartments available in the area in a range of sizes (from just 550ft) and conditions. What is a realistic asking and selling price for mine? Average time on market? Thanks!

Answers

8
What you should do is get a free, no obligation CMA from at least three local realtors. They can give you a wealth of information on the local market, competition, pricing, rentals etc.. On here you will get general information which won't be as helpful to you.

Thank you

Tom Brady SFR, e-PRO, SRES GREEN BPOR
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Notary Public, Retired N.Y.P.D. Lt.
631-682-8660
Tom@BradyFamilyRealty.com
http://www.BradyFamilyRealty.com
"We treat you like family!"
Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc.
255 Executive Drive - Suite 104
Plainview, New York 11803
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 19, 2012
Consider inviting a few agents from different realty companies and ask for a cma, comparative market analysis; review the data, ask opinions and go from there. Average time does vary, and much will depend on exact location, pricing, condition, marketing, etc. Also check http://www.mlsli.com If you need additional assistance feel free to contact me directly.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 19, 2012
My name is Fajardo Delacruz and I'm a realtor in the Rego Park area.
I have a few agent that work the 14211 area, if you would likeI can send
you their information. But will be happy to speak with you to get more
information on what type of agent you will need.
Thank you.

Fajardo Delacruz
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Century Homes Realty Group llc
Direct Line: 347-932-0609
I just closed one in that area. A lot depends on the building..location etc.
I would be happy to give you a free evaluation and provide you with comps.

Cary Zimbler
Exclusive Agents Realty inc.
917-652-5150
I have sold my share of listing in the Queens area. But the calls are coming in and the requests are so many that I need to show more of them. I would love to have your Home in my inventory for sale. I just need a few seconds to sit with you and discuses a plan that will work for both of us. Please just give me a call as soon as you can.

Fajardo Delacruz
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Century Homes Realty Group llc
Direct Line: 347-932-0609
Call John Pinard immediately to list this apartment at (212) 945-4164
I would advice you to get a CMA (comparative market analysis) from a professional real estate agent. The condition of your co-op would also have to be taken into consideration.
To give you some general stats, 1 br co-ops in Kew Garden Hills that sold, and were listed on or after Jan 1, 2011 (excluding short sales and foreclosures): 31sold, Low price $105,000 high $249,000 ave days on market 86.5. The average original listing price was $167,244, ave listing price at time of sale was $163,163, ave sold price was $153,074.Hope that gives you a little insight, all data was taken from the MLS.

Thank you

Tom Brady SFR, e-PRO, SRES GREEN BPOR
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Notary Public, Retired N.Y.P.D. Lt.
631-682-8660
Tom@BradyFamilyRealty.com
http://www.BradyFamilyRealty.com
"We treat you like family!"
Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc.
255 Executive Drive - Suite 104
Plainview, New York 11803
Very informative, Tom, thank you! I'll have to ask my husband if we can swing at least 3 months of mortgage & maintenance w/o rental income as I will be going on maternity leave the same time the tenants leave. Might be best for us to re-rent.
Flag Thu Apr 19, 2012