emdimaggio2, Other/Just Looking in Key Largo, FL

What has happened to the south philly 19148 market to lower the listings about 20,000 recently?

Asked by emdimaggio2, Key Largo, FL Mon Apr 8, 2013

Answers

4
Actually, the 19148 market is up in price and down by days on market. What makes you think that prices there are dropping? I'd like to know your thoughts.

Hannah Angert, Realtor
William Festa Realty
angert215@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 8, 2013
I know the houses on my 19148 block that sold for very cheap (140k or less) had major issues including: the entire roof needing replacement; all new plumbing in basement and/or all new electrical to upgrade from pre-1940's knob and tube wiring. Sadly, the owner of one of these cheap houses died in the home and wasnt discovered for several days creating a biohazard situation reuiring the house to be gutted and the wood floors beneath to be heavily sanded down to remove the odor and stains.
Additionally the neighborhood is transitioning from Italian-Americans to Asian, who approach the home buying process very differently. Many are still seeking the rock bottom prices of a couple years ago while others only look at the final price on the last home sold and expect the same price regardless of the condition of the house.
Either way, the trend for these bargain hunting buyers seem to be lowballing offers by 20% without budging and just moving onto the next house on the market if their offer is not immediately accepted - no negotiations, no exceptions.
Depends where in 19148. Inventory has been low over all but 19148 is pretty consistent from a year ago. ie settled volume. Is your house sale ready what can you offer to separate itself from the others?
I have been tracking my own home to see when to list and its definitely down.