Mcteiber, Home Owner in Germantown, TN

What forms are required to sell home myself and how do I get agents to show property if I am willing to cooperate and pay commission to buyers agent?

Asked by Mcteiber, Germantown, TN Mon Feb 24, 2014

Answers

4
A real estate attorney would be able to give you the required paperwork.
Just to give you an answer that is more than just telling you to hire a professional consider the following. As an agent myself I look for words in the description or on the sign that says "will work with buyers agent". That will let everyone know that you are willing to work out a deal and pay a buyers commission but are selling without the help of an agent. Many buyers agents will ask for a larger commission because they end up doing considerably more work than they otherwise would have.
Well, the best answer and my advise, is to hire a professional to assist you with such an important event.

With that said, you will need a Residential Property Condition Disclosure. If you get a buyer that is represented by a Realtor they can provide that to you. The actual contract and other required documents will come to you when an offer is made, if it comes from a Realtor. If it is just you and someone who saw your FSBO sign then I suggest you contact a good Real Estate Attorney and they can assist. As for being willing to COOP with a Realtor you should put that on your sign as well.

Give me a call if you have any additional questions and I will try to help, all I ask is that should you decide you want to hire a professional, you will give me a call.
Gerald
If you need assistance by asking what documents are required to sell your property yourself then perhaps you should consider hiring an experienced local agent to guide and counsel you through the process. Your agent can also provide much more market exposure to attract the largest pool of buyers which is something that can be very costly to you selling yourself. And, it's very likely that a buyer will have agent representation so will put you at a disadvantage.
Just food for thought....
Best wishes!