Frank Dolski, Real Estate Pro in Lahaska, PA

What effect do you feel that professional staging has on the sale of a home?

Asked by Frank Dolski, Lahaska, PA Mon Oct 22, 2012

I am a strong advocate of professional staging or just generally staging, de-cluttering, and preparing your home for sale.

Answers

12
Hi Tracey,
Thanks for your input and I totally agree with you! Staging gives a seller the edge that they need to have their home stand above the rest!
We generally stage all our properties we have for sale. It makes a BIG difference. We then make sure great photos are taken and the listing is promoted everywhere, and at the top of all major websites. This translates to more offers and higher sales price!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 14, 2013
Ann, I totally agree! Any home that is listed should be in its best condition prior to any showings, pictures and open houses. it is so critical that every home looks its best!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 14, 2013
First impressions are especially important when selling your home and taking pictures for the MLS. Staging and decluttering should be on the priority list before starting any showings or open houses.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 14, 2013
Staging is very important. It can make or break a potential buyer's first impression of your home.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 22, 2012
Frank

It is a proven fact that staged homes sell faster than homes not staged homes and for a higher price. Hiring a pro staggering is even better because they are professionals and can be it all together nicely better than most sellers or real estate agents.

Tracy Robinson-Realtor
KELLER WILLIAMS PREFERRED
62 S. Main Street
Yardley, Pa. 19067
Office Ph: 215-493-0300 ext 1087
Direct Ph: 267-395-0251
tracyrobinson@kw.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 7, 2012
Without a doubt good professional staging, will create what I call the Wow Factor. The better the Wow Factor the greater the possibilities for a sale. Also important is that the appropriate repairs are made to the house. A good staging will be devalued if the prospective buyer grabs a door knob and it falls off. Staging and in good repair makes a huge impression.
I agree with Lisa and Goran! Staging gets the home sold faster and at a higher price. No doubt!

Frank Dolski MBA, ABR, e-PRO
Associate Broker
Certified Relocation Specialist
Previews Luxury Home Specialist
Coldwell Banker Hearthside Realtors
Ranked #1 In The State of PA in 2012 For Affiliated Coldwell Banker International Realtors
2012 Coldwell Banker International President’s Elite Award
2010-2011 Coldwell Banker International President’s Circle Award
215-803-3237 (mobile)
215-794-1070 x-103
f.dolski@cbhearthside.com
http://www.FrankDolski.Com
As a certified home staging professional, I feel that home staging is a benefit for any seller. A staged home, sells quicker and usually for a higher price than non-staged homes. Home Staging is different than having a decorator redo your home. You want a buyer envision living in your house.
I agree with the previous answers. It is always time well spent to prep and stage a home for sale. Often seller's just have too much personal property and it can make the home appear smaller. We feel confident to review staging tips with clients, but if the property is unoccupied, spending the extra to have it professionally staged can be worth the additional cost. Good question!
Its very important to get a higher price.
Staging a home is a cruicial part in Selling a home. Setting the "stage" and optimizing the space makes a great first impression!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 22, 2012
James,
I couldn't agree more and I have used professional stagers or offered them since I have been in the business. You sometimes only have one shot to show off your home!
Flag Wed Jun 12, 2013