Home Selling in Vancouver>Question Details

K. Shelton, Home Buyer in Vancouver, WA

What does the housing market look like today in Vancouver?

Asked by K. Shelton, Vancouver, WA Tue Jul 10, 2007

Are houses selling? Are prices up, down, the same as one year ago. How is the rental market looking? What is the forecast for the upcoming year?

Answers

5
Shelton you should get in touch with the many fine agents responding to your question
and getting your Market analysis questions answered.

Perry
The Vancouver real estate market is still slow but I am definitely seeing buyers out there! I am seeing many short sales having multiple offers on them and my open houses have actually been seeing many more people than the last couple of years! The rental market is doing very well....the rents are now going up so much that it almost makes more sense to buy a home as the mortgage payment on a home will be close to the rental payment. If you are looking to purchase investment property that you can rent out, that would be wise!

Cheers!
evie hampton - Re/Max equity group, inc.
K. Shelton,
Homes are selling, compaired to last year homes are down and I expect them to drop a bit more over the next 8 months. The rental market is doing well, what are you looking to do? How may I help you?
360.609.0226
Web Reference: http://www.kenshometeam.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 12, 2010
Great time to buy a house. Of course, it depends or your circumstances.
There is no question, we have more sellers than buyers, but that means its a great time to buy! Each segment of the market has responded a little differently, and there is strength in the lower priced homes. I read recently that home ownership is 53% in the vancouver area, and that the rental vacancy rate, including short term is 5.7% (going from memory here). This late summer to fall could be a very good time to pick up a rental property, especially one that has been on the market sometime. Thanks for asking!
Web Reference: http://www.myhomeinfo.info