Home Selling in Doylestown>Question Details

Ann McGuire…, Real Estate Pro in 19446

What do you look for when deciding which Real Estate Agent to choose?

Asked by Ann McGuire New Hope Realtor, 19446 Sat Apr 13, 2013

Answers

11
Getting a real estate license is not too hard to do.
How do you find the right agent when buying or selling a home?
There are a few things to consider.

1. How many years of experience to they have?
2. Have they sold residential real estate in both good and bad markets?
3. How many homes have they sold in the last year, 2 years, 10 years?
4. Do they have the negotiating skills in home sales as well as a plan to help you get the best price/terms?
5. Do they work with both buyers and sellers and know the market from both ends?
6. Do they have active listings of their own and not just a search engine to find a home?
7. Do they advertise their honesty and intregrity and then have all sorts of disclaimers?
8. Do they have a brokers license or a salespersons?
9. Do they manage an office and get bogged down by admin details or office conflicts?
10. Are they active with their local board of Realtors?
11. Do they understand financing options?
12. Can they give you the names of people who they've helped buy or sell a home?
13. Are they FULL TIME agents or do they have another job?
14. If you are a seller, can the agent's website easily be found on the internet.
15. Do they really understand marketing a home and how do they do it?
16. What sets them apart from the others?
17. And maybe most important, do they really listen to your needs to help you when buying or selling?

You can also look and see what kind of answers they have posted right here on Trulia and get a feel for what they know and how they respond.

Don Mituzas
Licensed Associate Broker
2008 Realtor of the Year
Douglas Elliman Real Estate - New York's #1 Real Estate Broker
http://www.donmituzas.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 21, 2013
Asked by Ann, New Hope, PA •Sat Apr 13, 2013

Very good question Ann. Most people don’t realize how critical the choice of Real Estate Agent is to their process of buying or selling a home.

Agents for Buyers must be;

Ethical, Experienced, Knowledgeable

Able to establish the clients best interest as first priority

Establish the Steps of the Process in the most effective order

Clarify the steps

Guide the client through the process of learning their market

Able to objectively clarify which homes are the best buys

Able to recognize and clarify potential issues and Pitfalls

Able to clarify legal obligations and issues

Must be a Master of Negotiator

Experienced with Inspectors and Inspections

Familiar with the area

So the first step for someone buying real estate is to gather all the objective useful information they can find. Than interview Agents. Know the right questions to ask and what the right answers should be.

An ethical experienced Agent reduces the odds of problems to almost zero. When the clients unlock the door to their new home for the first time they will be happy after a pleasant experience and know that they have accomplished the best possible with their resources.

Home is sacred and for most rates in the top three priorities. The experience for the client of finding and purchasing Home should always be considered by agents to be one of the most important obligations of an agents life.

Very Good Question Ann, Thumbs Up!

Best Wishes, Stephen Webber, 34 Years of Real Estate for First Time Home Buyers
Web Reference: http://Your-Road-Home.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 17, 2013
Thank you Stephen for your detailed response! I agree that for most people a home is the most important investment of their life and should be handled as such. As a full-time agent I dedicate my time wholeheartedly to all my clients and my continuing education in real estate law.

Thank you for posting, looking forward to hearing from you!

Ann Mc Guire, Realtor
Bachelor of Science Marketing
Weichert
215.622.5070
215.493.0900
http://www.NewHopeRealtor.com
Flag Tue May 21, 2013
Knowledge, Drive, Experience and someone you trust and feel comfortable to work with.
I think certainly you should look at all their professional qualifications, but also I think it's important that you meet with them and just get a feel for how they conduct themselves. You are going to be spending a lot of time with your Realtor and you are trusting them to guide you through one of the biggest decisions of your life. It's important that you mesh with them and feel that they are trustworthy. Trust yourself and your instincts.
1. Where they take me for lunch
2. How big there car is
3. How loud they speak
very cute!
Flag Wed Jun 12, 2013
your so bad!
Flag Wed Jun 12, 2013
Ann,

All of the below answers have value. But when it comes to a successful sale, it is critical to find an agent with a passion for listings. An agent that will advise you on the prep of your property, prior to the sign and has the skills to identify and highlight your best selling features. An agent that will shoot attractive pictures and do a complete write-up that will encouraget buyers to schedule a showing. You only have one chance to make a great first impression....so get it right from day ONE!!!

The right agent will do their homework and advise the best listing price and have the courage to tell you the truth. A great listing agent will be your homes expert and be available when buyers call with questions.

When you receive an offer, you need to have representation with great negotiating skills. During the inspections, be sure your agent understands the workings of a home and can intelligently review the inspection report with you...helping you negotiate a fair compromise with the buyer. Your agent should totally understand the contact inside and out.

Please do yourself a favor and ask the agents you interview for current references or read their recommendations. We would love the opportunity to earn your business. Our bio and recommendations are available on Trulia and Zillow.

Whatever you decide, best of luck....Doylestown is a lovely area

Donna and Joe Cragin
Prudential, Fox and Roach Realtors
Southampton, PA 18966
267-68-6514
Home/Office

Prudential, Fox and Roach Hampton Home Marketing Center
215-355-5100
As you can see by my previous answer #17, some agents are answering your question as if you are a buyer when the category where you question is listed is under home selling.

Don
So many agents don't care what the question asks, they just want to answer - even if it isn't relevant to the posted question..or, their comprehension ability is limited!
Flag Tue May 21, 2013
Flag Tue May 21, 2013
I should've been more specific. My question was actually geared towards sellers, but these are some great answers from my fellow agents! Thank you I appreciate everyone's thoughts.
Flag Tue May 21, 2013
Flag Tue May 21, 2013
Flag Tue May 21, 2013
Depend where you are going to buy your house and type of property .
Has to be honest with a real estate license and make sure that he can work with you too

Just make sure that the person is with license and reliable. Try to ask your close relatives or friends if they know one. In this manner, you can make sure that the person is good.
When looking for an agent to sell your home there are several questions you should ask them and decide on how best they answer:

1.Is being a Realtor your full-time job?
2.How often can I expect to hear from you?
3.How long have you been selling homes?
4 How do you plan on marketing my home?
5.Can you provide references?
6.What is your average list to sell ratio?

Read more..http://www.realtypin.com/news/story/1095-how-do-you-find-the…
Web Reference: http://www.realtypin.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 18, 2013
This is so TRUE!
Flag Mon May 20, 2013
Agents are often chosen solely on the recommendation of a friend or an ad in the newspaper. But choosing the right agent can save you time, effort in finding the perfect home at a price you can afford or selling your home quickly for top dollar.
Interview several agents till you get satisfied answers.
See how the agent's MLS listings come up in searches.
Check the references that an agent should be able to provide you.