haifisch.9000, Home Seller in Parkland, FL

What do you do when you find your property that you're trying to sell being listed by a different agent and broker than the one you're using?

Asked by haifisch.9000, Parkland, FL Fri Aug 9, 2013

I found my property (on Trulia) being listed by a different agent than the one I'm working with.

Answers

10
You would have your agent's broker call the other broker and get the MLS listing cancelled.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 9, 2013
If you are looking at your property on Trulia, and if your agent did not claim it, only the top agents that have claimed that zip code with Trulia, will show as the agents to contact.
Also, please know that when agents take listings, there is an option that allows other agents to list your property on the internet. This means that one agent has the listing, but others promote it as well. Which at the end of the day, means more exposure for the listing.
Thank you.
Laura C. Norat
Prudential Florida Realty Coral Springs
954-562-0749
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 9, 2013
I have had this problem with Trulia. If it is not claimed on Trulia by the current listing agent it may be under another agents name.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 9, 2013
What can I do about it? Is it even something to worry about? I just don't want someone else trying to take credit for something they didn't do.
Flag Fri Aug 9, 2013
I had to call the syndication source and they contacted the other broker to have it removed.

Chris
When you signed your listing agreement you were agreed to pay a commission to your real estate agent and the buyer's real estate agent if they sell it and to display your property in multiples real estate sites and the local Realtor Association.

Having your Home display for sale with different real estate agent only means more exposure of your property. In most real estate transactions is normally two real estate agents involved, anyway.

Best of Luck,

Maria Cipollone

http://www.Flahomespecialist.com

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/maria-cipollone/32/735/81b
I have that problem ... can't seem to get the fake "listing agents" removed from my listings. I have tried to claim my listings but not working ... seems like nothing you can do. Some agents pay to have this right so they can get internet lookers to call them instead of the real listing agent... only hurts the real listing agent, not the buyer or seller. I find most people use the MLS if really looking anyway.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 7, 2013
Talk to your agent. It should have the correct information below the photo; if you're looking on the right side, those are the agents who are paying Trulia in an effort to get buyer/seller leads.
Web Reference: http://expiredtosoldaz.com
I've also had other agent friends call me regarding my listings on Truila to say a potential buyer or seller called them thinking they were the listing agent.

Truila is having some technical issues right now across the board with agents...it's ugly!
The agent also has my property on their website and the list themselves and their business as the Listing Agent and Broker. Does that seem right?
Flag Fri Aug 9, 2013
Trulia is good at correcting this. Let your agent know and you can submit a report to Trulia and they will correct it quickly.
H,
I've had this happen from time to time when the property is a condo.

If a different unit in the same building, with the same street address, is listed by someone else, sometimes both units show up as being listed with one of the two agents, probably the one who listed a unit in there first.

Your agent can bring this to Trulia's attention, and they will fix it. Good luck with the sale of your property.