Steve Lang, Home Seller in Morganville, NJ

What color dining rm hard wood flooring would be most appealing to potential buyers?

Asked by Steve Lang, Morganville, NJ Sat Jul 14, 2012

We have pale almond walls and burgandy shades. Any opinion on laminate?

Answers

7
The good news is hardwood is like jeans, it pretty much goes with all colors. I think a shade in the realm of a light maple would work best. It will also work well with grays and all the bright pops of color we are all painting our houses these days. Staying light, fresh and neutral is always the best way to go!

Best of luck Steve,

Raina Taichew
(732) 496-2817

I welcome the opportunity to serve you, so feel free to contact me with any questions regarding real estate.
Hi Steve,

I am sure your mind is now spinning with all the different opinions offered. As to Laminate, it works great for areas with kids and high traffic. For a Dining Room, you may want to go with Hardwood Floors. Of course, do your homework as there are many different kinds of hardwood ranging from Oak to exotic like Mahogany and Cherry.
As to the colors you currently have, think about Mahogany - its not too red like Cherry and not too brown like Oak. Get samples from websites like http://www.BuildDirect.com and they will ship them to you.

Hope this helps. Off course, if you are looking to buy go to http://www.FindNJHomesNow.com. You can search the MLS on your own. No better way:)

Anaita Tarapore
Cell # 732-208-2538
Every owners taste differs and people usually select a color wood floor that goes with their decor and furniture. However, in todays market many buyers seem to favor cherry hardwood floors or an oak stain is a universal favorite as well. I think either choice would complement the almond walls and burgundy shades. While laminate floors are less expensive and lower maintenance and do have the look of would available many buyers don't like them because they sound plasticy when you walk on them & don't look as nice as the real thing
Color is not all that important. Color of hardwood can be changed as anyone can have the floors refinished to meet personal preferance.
Whether or not to use laminate would depend on the value of your home. Hardwood is always preferred, but if you are selling in a lower price range for your community, you can get away with laminate.
Your Realtor can best advise you.
Web Reference: http://www.dianeglander.com
consider not doing expensive fixes and price the home accordingly
Hi, in our business it is always tough to figure out what the next buyer / owner will like, you paint a room gray or yellow and the new owners will paint it blue, you do blue they want it red... But
looking at your pale almond walls and burgundy shares..... Here is my thought:

what is the flooring type and color of the room or rooms next to the dining room, it should be a pleasant connect..... Also the size of the dining room should tell you what color you want to put.

In general a lighter floor will brighten up the place, a darker floor though may look richer, warmer.....

I always suggest to my clients to pick an opposing color if you cannot match the same hardwood color of the adjoining room. And looking at burgundy drapes and light almond walls, a nice darker cherry
hardwood must look very nice!

If you are redoing the floor, for yourself or for selling purposes? Depending on how the rest of the homes floors are, if there is hardwood flooring in bedrooms and the living room then stick to the
real thing good hardwood flooring....

Hope this helps a little.

And remember if you pick a certain hardwood flooring, it can be sanded and stained into a different color if the new owners do not like the one you pick.

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties, 30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, Illinois 60093 ---- EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com Check out my website at htttp://www.tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area. HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
It depends on what the theme of your home is . . . are your cabinets dark wood . . then we would say dark . . . if your cabinets are light then we would say light, however, we have a home stager on staff that can assist you with this decision before you make a mistake. Just give us a call! Thanks Karen and Starr 732-207-8154