Home Selling in Yorkville>Question Details

Kenneth Gerr…, Real Estate Pro in Naperville, IL

What can you do about an agent who has a property listed that doesn't exist.?

Asked by Kenneth Gerrans, Naperville, IL Fri Oct 16, 2009

The property listed is an MLS number of a home that has closed. I understand the concept of listing "to-be-built's" for a builder, but I feel this is totally misleading. It's a phony MLS number, it's a phony address and the builder no longer even owns any lots in the subdivision. It's hard enough to try to market actual homes without having someone listing "vapor" on your site. The address listed is 101 Whitetail in Yorkville, Illinois.

Answers

8
Contact your MLS board. Call them.
Its not whiteside. Its just an ethically chaallenged agent.
Perhaps you are confusing this with 101 Whiteside, Yorkville.
Hi Ken, I think Irena's response is the nicest one. why, well I always feel that as Agents we are colleagues of each other and in the very same business. We all are busy, and sometime something slips through the cracks, so we should be "nice" to each other, in a supportive and understanding way (makes the world a better place) and just contact the agent, office and they will be glad to remove the property...

Let's not go immediately to reporting etc. I am sure you understand what I am meaning....
So let's hope it was just a forgotten listing.
Good Luck to you....
Edith Karoline YourRealtor4Life!
working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, and always ready to accept referrals from Colleagues and refer her clients out to experienced, like minded Agents.
YourChicagoConnection and Northshore Expert
EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 17, 2009
Contact the agent either by calling or email. If you get no response contact the managing broker.
Call the agent and if you get no response, report them to your board,
Call the agent and ask them to update the MLS or wherever you saw it posted, if no response ask for the office manager or broker.
Web Reference: http://elliotsirota.com/
Give that agent a call and let them know they need to remove the listing from trulia. Maybe they don't know.