Red Eighteen, Home Seller in Marietta, GA

What can a seller do to entice Buyers Agents to bring their client to our house?

Asked by Red Eighteen, Marietta, GA Tue Apr 14, 2009

With so much inventory, is there anything a seller can do or offer to Buyers Agents so that they bring their clients to our house rather than the other hundreds of 4bd/2.5ba homes out there?

Answers

17
Red- If the OPEN BAR doesn't work...
You may want to consider offering a Seller Concession package.

For many Buyers, especially First Time Home Buyers who are limited on funds to close or concerned about declining values...Seller concession packages are a key to gaining a competitive edge.

Most Realtors keep telling you Price, Price, Price...but the truth is that
For many Buyers...there are other factors and PAYMENT speaks louder than Price.

The choice is yours:

A.) Lower your price by $15,000 - this reduces a potential Buyer's monthly payment by only $80.00/month. This is NOT the most effective way to increase your market potential or expand your pool of qualified Buyers.

B.) Rather than taking $15,000 right off the top...Offer a $10,000 or $15,000 Concession package. Then a potential Buyer has the option of utilizing that money to best suit his own personal, financial situation.
He can choose to:
1.) Use some of it toward closing costs
2.) or buy down his interest rate (from 5% to 3% Year 1 and 5% to 4% year 2) 2-1 Temporary Buydown
3.) reduce the Price by the amount of the Seller concession.
4.) or a combination of All of the Above.

Please help yourself to the charts & calculators that show why Seller Concessions are much more financially impactful than standard price reductions.
http://www.321advantage.com/archives/category/sellers

If we can help...please call.
Thanks!
Barbara Q.

We are not Realtors or Lenders...just ...Helping Sellers Sell & Buyers Buy!
Web Reference: http://www.321advantage.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 20, 2009
I've seen free Tanning suggested in this forum, but the The Bar is always open/got wine (Bottled for snobby people) always worked for me.....Now how you get the buyers to show up is an entirely different problem....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 14, 2009
Pricing your correctly will bring in not only more buyers but the right buyers. There are lots of "tricks" such as allowances, bonuses, etc but ultimately, if you're not price correctly, you're going to wait longer and sell for less. I have the market stats to prove this.

Let me know if you'd like to discuss a marketing plan and pricing that will get you sold.

Barry Wolfert, Associate Broker
Wolfert & Wrenn Team - Keller Williams
Many good ideas already... Raise the Co-Broke....
Some agents will tend to go to a property in which a higher commission is available.
Red posted this question in Arp, 2009.
Guidance may no longer be needed.
I agree with the agents below me. Be sure you are on the FMLS. Be sure your pictures are of the greatest quality, and that they show the value of your home. Having your home out there looking its very best and being priced aggressively is the fastest way to get Buyer's Agents in through your door.
My buyers are looking for price, quality and area. If your home is priced right in the area that someone is searching in and shows well you should be getting several calls and showings will turn into offers. However If your home is not in shape to be listed and you put it on the market anyways to see if you would get an offer without any work some people cannot see over the condition of the home. Few can see a diamond in the rough. Maybe you are overpriced. If your Price it right your home is in good condition it should sale. Your agent is a professional and knows the market. She should be able to tell you an honest opinion of what needs done to get your home sold.
Be in the top 10% of best condition and the bottom 10% in price and you'll sell extremely quickly. Pricing your home right is the key to success if nothing else.
Price right for your market and think about closing assistance for the buyers.
If you are not using a realtor you are not getting the exposure you need on the FMLS, which is where professional agents view homes. Remember it is not the agent who decides if he likes the home, it is the client that decides if they want to see it.
Price, Price, Price. That is all buyers are looking at in this market. You can add all of the fluff you want, but in the end it boils down to the price. Bottom line.

Is your home currently listed? I'd love to have a look at it and give you an honest opinion of it's value and market worthiness.

As you know, things are starting to pick up and now is definitely the time to try to get it Sold. I would more than happy to Sell your house for you.

Call me when your ready for it to SELL!!!

Jodi Smith, Realtor
Keller Williams Realty Consultants
678-763-6025

P.S. My Website is up and running, but is also Under Construction. I'm adding new content weekly...so keep logging into to find out more valuable information for Selling Your Home!
short answer: price it well. in today's market you can't just price it reasonably. As you point out there are hundreds of other 4bdroom/2.5 bath homes that are priced reasonably (and some UNreasonably).

Your's needs to stand apart. You're in a beauty contest and a price war, and you need to win BOTH!
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL
Is it listed? Is it priced right? Does it stand above the others in appeal? Are there adverse external factors? Can I find it? Is it well presented? Does your agent respind to inquiries? And of course about another 150 questions.....

Three things MUST be in order for anything positive to happen - EXPOSURE-PRICE-APPEAL. If one is out of whack all suffer. Your opinions on price don't matter, the data does and the market (and appraisers) always have the last say.

I'd also suggest that appealing to just buyer agents isn't smart; do you have any clue how many agents are dead from the neck up? The net has changed everything - your agent should be marketing to the BUYERS, even more than the agents. I sell a good half of my listings directly from buyer inquiries because we make them easy to find, provide plenty of info and WE RESPOND to inquiries. We're not splitting atoms here....

Why are you asking this question out here instead of to your agent?

Hank Miller, SRA, ABR
Associate Broker & Certified Appraiser
Prudential GA Realty
678-428-8276
Looking for a competitive edge in today's market?
Price your home aggressively ...then leave a MONEY TREE in your backyard for the new Buyer.

You think I'm kidding? I'm not!
The Buyer gets to go to the MONEY TREE every month for the first two or three years to help subsidize his monthly payments. The cost for the Seller is minimal in comparison to the savings it provides the Buyer.
This offer increases market potential for the Seller while improving market psychology for the Buyer.
WIN! WIN!
When a home is priced aggressively ,we offer a highly creative, innovative alternative to Standard Price Reductions. There's absolutely NO Downside to our system. There are tax benefits for the Seller & the Buyer.

Charts, calculators and scenarios...
Please visit us...
There is truly no issue that price will not overcome. If your home is priced right and is in good condition and your agent is marketing your home aggressively, it will sell. Unfortunately what we are dealing with in this market is that buyers have lots of choices. The banks are selling homes at very low prices. There are bidding wars going on at foreclosure listings that are priced well below market price. So price it right, make sure your data in the mls and fmls ( yes, we have 2 mls systems in the Atlanta market ) is accurate and listen to the advice of your agent. Multiple pictures are a must, as is a virtual tour. Good luck !
In order to properly market your home, pick out a few key characteristics of your home that others in the same category do not offer. You'd be amazed at how many homes are sold due to having a garden tub or a fenced in back yard. Basics, buyers do not want to walk in to a home that is over decorated with bold colors on the walls or stained carpeting. A little paint can go a long way and try and keep the color as neutral as possible. Hardwood floors are key selling point. I installed hardwood in an investment property for $800.00, and it ended up adding $2000.00 to the home. I would also compare the home with others on the market to make sure you have not over priced your home. An overpriced home will send buyers in the opposite direction, even if the home is everything they have dreamed of. I would suggest protecting your investment but also being a motivated seller at the same time.
If your market is anything like ours there are two things that cause the house to sell. The most important and what gets them in the door is price. A good buyer agent will do a search for their clients and discuss the pricing of the properties the buyer is interested in. The second issue is condition. I am amazed at some of the homes I show and how poor the condition is. A well priced home in top condition will sell quickly. In our area I see some homes that have been listed for nearly a year and others that sell in two weeks. In truth, you're not so much attracting the buyers agents as much as the buyers. Most buyers are searching on the internet and then contacting their agents. Many listing agents also find that staged homes that are preinspected also move more quickly. Hope that helps.