Home Selling in Seattle>Question Details

Sarah B, Home Seller in Seattle, WA

What can I expect to pay if I would like to have my home professionally staged?

Asked by Sarah B, Seattle, WA Mon Aug 12, 2013

Answers

12
All depends on what you need done. Is it a matter of just re-arranging your furniture or actually bringing in new furniture and redesigning your layout?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 15, 2013
It's a bit pricy to have home staging done. It depends on what type of furniture is used, and how long you will need it for. . In Los Angeles you are looking at from 400-5,000 depending upon the work.
It varies Sarah, but it is in most cases an essential step. The results of staging are proven time and again. Staged homes sell quicker, photograph better and close for more money. I am an expert in this category and would be delighted to assist you.
About $250- 500$ per room
Hi Sarah,
Your investment in staging can vary depending on your needs. It can be as low as $150 to $175 for a consultation where we would give you an step by step plan on what you need to do to prepare your home for market and stage it yourself, to $500 to $2000 for staging with your furnishings and adding art, accesories and furnishings as needed. If the home is vacant stagng ranges from $1500 to $4000 depending on the size, style and location of the home. Furniture rental fees vary depending on the staging company.
When considering a staging company, always make sure they are insured, can provide testimonials and/or references and have a portfolio of their work. They should also be able to provide statistics fo the average time on market for the homes they have staged.

Hope this helps!
In this market, stagers should start offering hourly rates. ;-)
The cost of staging varies, based on the size of the house and the length of the rental period. You should expect to spend $3000 to $5000 in most cases. If you're on the fence about staging, my advice is to do it. Staged homes usually sell for more, so the cost of staging will be recovered in the end.
As you can see there are a variety of answers to your question. You get what you pay for. If you hire a professional, it will cost you more money, but may well be worth in depending on your home situation. If an agent stages it for free, they can do a pretty good job, but, it will not be quite the same as that of a professional. I would choose a broker to work with first and let them help you decide which route to go.

The bigger decision that you have to make is who to list it with. It is all about marketing your home to as many people as you can, especially online. The more people that see your home online, the more people that will come to see it in person. The more people that come & see your home, the faster you will sell it & the more you will sell it for. What I would recommend you do is interview all the agents that responded to your question here & just ask us why you should list with us, & not another agent. Then, let one of us get to work for you & get your home sold for the most money possible with the least hassle possible.

Good luck to you in any case,
Jirius Isaac
Isaac Real Estate Team
Champions Real Estate Services
TriStar Finance #MLO-107799
Office: 425-483-6849 Cell: 206-841-9976
Winner of Seattle Magazines 5 Star
Real Estate Agent Best in Client Satisfaction Award
Mortgage Loan Originator Best in Client Satisfaction
Hi Sarah,
I want to agree with David in that there is no average or typical fee. For my clients, our staging services are included with the listing. My wife is an accredited staging professional and has been able to work wonders in several listings. Now this generally does not include furniture rental. We commonly bring in a few pieces and work around what you have. The earlier we get involved the better. Sometimes the consultation will suggest some changes that may cost you some money, things like carpet, paint etc. But these are only suggested if the return will be substantial.
There are other agents with staging credentials, some who hire stagers and some who make suggestions.
I would encourage you to interview a few agents and see what they have to offer. If your home would benefit from staging, by all means take advantage. Occasionally we see some homes where only some minor de-cluttering and re-arranging is necessary. It will all come down to what you have to start with.
I wrote a blog about preparing for staging that you may find useful. It's attached below.
Web Reference: http://actvra.in/XKh
Hi Sarah,

That depends on many things. Will it be fully staged, or partially staged? How large is the home? There is a wide range of pricing among the different staging companies. there also is a monthly fee if your home does not sell in the first few weeks. I work with an amazing stager who is about half the cost of comparable in quality companies.

In my listing that just closed today, I staged it with my wife at my own cost. I would be willing to talk with you and I could share the cost or pay for it myself if you have me list your home for you.

Feel free to contact me at 206.498.7818 or KenGraff@cbbain.com.

Ken Graff
Coldwell Banker Bain
KenGraffHomes.com
If it is an occupied home, many agents will stage it with some of your things and some of there's an no extra charge. Some agents will pay for the staging as part of the job.

I had this vacant property staged for $1,500 including the separate apartment by The Sisters. They don't work all areas but are the lowest price I have found and they did an excellent job. Wasn't worth staging it myself at that price.

http://www.redfin.com/WA/Seattle/11525-34th-Ave-NE-98125/hom…

http://www.sistersredesign.com/

Other times I have considered using a professional stager the cost was $1,800 or so as a minimum and usually about $4,000 for a full and vacant home, so I usually stage it myself without a lot of furnishings like sofas and that has worked out well. It depends on the home, of course.
Hi Sarah,

That depends primarily on the size of your home and how many rooms in your home you'd like to stage, and the type (quality of staging furniture and props).

For a 1500 sf home with 2-3 bedroom, expect to spend at least $1500 - $3500 for the first month. Subsequent months are generally +-/- 25% of the first month's cost.

Staging companies can vary tremendously from one to another, both in terms of pricing and quality of staging furniture so be sure to get referrals.

David