Home Selling in San Diego>Question Details

Vy.martinez, Renter in Los Angeles, CA

What are typical seller closing costs in the Oceanside area?

Asked by Vy.martinez, Los Angeles, CA Thu Nov 8, 2012

My husband and I are considering selling our 3/1.5 single family home in Oceanside (92056) and I am just curious to know what closing costs would typically come to so we can start thinking about how much we need to sell it for to pay the mortgage.

Answers

7
Hi VY,
If you send me your address I can run comps and give you an Sellers Net sheet of all the approximate costs of selling. This would include, taxes, HOA, title, etc...
The listing agent should share this information with you when they give their listing presentation.
A good presentation should include - Marketing, area sales information - solds and actives ( you should know who your competition is ) listing strategies - timing is important, tips on improving your home to increase your value, and addressing possible inspection issues ( there are two levels of negotiation - 1. Purchase price and terms, 2. Request for Repairs from the physical inspection.
Also, you will need to have a termite inspection. Termite costs vary greatly so I recommend that you get estimates.
Best to you,
Janet McCarthy
Professional Realtor
Connect Realty
jmccarthyhomes@gmail.com
http://www.bestsandiegohomesguide.com
http://www.bestsandiegohomessearch.com
858-243-5719

Closing costs vary based on many factors. With commissions included, you can anticipate 6.5% to 7%.

Best of luck,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
Serving San Diego
858-761-5233
mark.kari@shea-realestate.com
National Association of Realtors
CA DRE License 01713506
Vy
Typically you will have closing costs of about 7% which includes the broker commission. So many of the costs are based on the selling price so it is hard to come up with a dollar amount without knowing the sales price.
When I list a home I give my clients a "net sheet" which is an estimate of the costs to sell the home and the estimated proceeds they will receive.
If you would like more information, please contact me directly and I can provide you with a market analysis of your home and a net sheet.

Local Help with Your Real Estate Needs

Jerry Heard
Your Broker
The San Diego Property Shop
http://www.TheSanDiegoPropertyShop.com
jerry.sdps@cox.net
Direct 619-920-9796
Office 619-269-5545
Fax 619-269-9168
CA DRE # 00648687
Vy,
If you are still in search for an answer email me more details concerning your property and I would be glad to provide you with a current market analysis and estimated closing cost.

Mike Urlacher
Prudential CA Realty
Cell 858-207-7583
Bus 858-259-6400
mike@prusd.com
DRE #01916452
The easiest way to provide a straight answer here is probably to just give an example of a real life closed file. On a recent sale, with a price of $514,500, the total charges for our Seller was $30,762.50.

This amount will increase or decrease depending on your sales price, home owner's assoc (if applic), prorated expenses (i.e. tax, interest), termite work, home warranty, amount of commission, etc.

To help dial in a better approximation, closely based on your specific scenario, just call me or email your details, and I will be happy to generate a "net sheet". Alternatively, any good escrow company will be happy to calculate one for you.
Web Reference: http://www.sethchalnick.com
The largest seller cost are the commissions. Typically, this is 5% with each agent getting half of that. Sellers also have to pay title insurance, half of escrow costs, and typically pay costs for section 1 termite clearance, transfer and hoa fees. It adds up. If you would like to contact me directly, I can do a seller net sheet for you that is customized to your home. It would be my pleasure.

Cindy Davis
619-379-8616
cindydavishomes@gmail.com
Vy,

The costs will be aprox. 3-5% of the purchase price. This can vary depending of the type of loan, purchase price, down payment, etc. but that is a safe range for properties between 200-600k

Hector R. Gastelum
Realty Executives Dillon
REALTOR #01382940
hectorgastelum@yahoo.com
619-954-2225
125*142*10754
efax 619-270-2516