Tondab, Home Buyer in West Hollywood, CA

What are typical escrow company fees?

Asked by Tondab, West Hollywood, CA Mon Jul 8, 2013

Answers

11
Tondab,

Are you buying or selling or refinancing? Price range? County? All of these will impact the charges from escrow and title companies. It will be easier to get you accurate figures with a property address. FYI, you can get an estimated HUD from almost any escrow company...or, I would be happy to request one for you.

All my best,

Deborah
I am selling, escrow fees alone.
Flag Mon Jul 8, 2013
First American Title has a fee calculator that can give you an estimate of their fees, as well as some standard closing costs like transfer tax and recording fees for your county. These fees obviously only apply if you use First American as your escrow company. I like them because they provide great service, they're competitive, and they don't tack on a lot of additional fees; their pricing is generally all inclusive and straightforward.

You will have to choose sale type - prices will vary depending on whether there are loans involved or if this is an all cash deal.

You can adjust the estimate based on the what percentage the seller is paying, and what percentage the buyer is paying, according to your contract.

http://facc.firstam.com/
Web Reference: http://facc.firstam.com/
Hi Tonda,

Happy Saturday !

You can call a couple of escrow companies in the area that you want to sell a home in , they usually have a base fee & X $ per $1000.00 Good Luck !!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 26, 2013
1.50-2.00 for each 1000 of the purchase price to be charged to both the buyer & seller
Like any business escrow companies set their own fees for the services they provide.

If you want a VERY rough estimate, I would say plan on 2% to 2.5% of the sales price.

Best of Luck to You!

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Prudential California Realty
One would have to know what are you trying to accomplish first.

Feel free to call or email me.
What exactly are you trying to accomplish? If you give us more details we can give you a better answer.
Few escrows charge a $200 plus $2 per $1000 of purchase price. But you can negotiate it and they usually give discount.

If you need to sell your property, call me.

http://DouglasPerez.pw
They vary greatly. They are negotiable.
I would be happy to help but you will need to provide additional information in order for me to answer your question. Is this for a refi or purchase/sale? Are you asking specifically for escrow fees or are you asking about typical closing costs which also include title fees, notary, etc?

Please let me know, thanks!

Kristen
Dear Tondab,

That is a great question. Are you referring to the entire closing costs? Or just the escrow company fees alone?

Please see the attached link for a customary division of fees between buyers and sellers.

Kim Halverson
I am selling, escrow fees alone.
Flag Mon Jul 8, 2013
escrow fee alone
Flag Mon Jul 8, 2013