Hugh Masters…, Home Owner in Broomfield, CO

What are the typical costs to selling your home (Broomfield Colorado) if you have fully paid off your Mortgage or does that make a difference?

Asked by Hugh Masterson, Broomfield, CO Thu Aug 15, 2013

Answers

3
Oscar,

The costs would include the real estate commision, which would include both the selling and listing brokers, title insurance plus miscellaneous closing fees, HOA transfer fees if you live in a HOA neighborhood, 2013 real estate taxes, and the final water bill. In addtion, some realtors charge a transcation fee which can run up to $500 (I pay the fee that my company charges). I live in Broomfield and would be happy to be of further assistance should you need a professional with over 30 years of experience. Best of luck and congratulations on not having a mortgage!
Oscar,

Good answer below. There are typical closing costs assessed by the title company in addition to the commission. You can usually figure on a total 8-9% of the purchase price as closing costs when selling a home. Congratulations on paying off your home. You are among a small percentage these days and that is a real plus in selling your home. It will also cut down the time frame the title company will need to process your transaction to close. If you get a cash offer you could easily close in 2 weeks from receiving the offer.

Robert McGuire
Broker/Consultant
Your Castle Realestate
http://about.me/robertmcguire33
A lot of the costs depend on how you sale your home. Are you using an agent, or selling by owner. Using an agent will typically cost you at least 6% of the sale (3% to the selling agent, and 3% to the purchasing agent). Then there are flat rate state and/or county fees that you would have to find out for your specific area. It also depends on how the buyer is going to purchase your home and what costs are associated with their purchase and what you agree to cover in your contract. Every situation is unique, so it's difficult to answer your question without more specific information. Hope that helps a little and I wish you all the best.
I'd probably sell by owner as it's a sellers market again I think. Am I right in assuming that the selling price of a home is typically somewhat higher than the appraised value of a home?
Flag Thu Aug 15, 2013