Home Selling in Coral Ridge>Question Details

Trulia Fort…, Other/Just Looking in Fort Lauderdale, FL

What are the top 10 questions to ask your agent when selling your home?

Asked by Trulia Fort Lauderdale, Fort Lauderdale, FL Thu Dec 13, 2012

Answers

6
Chad Gray’s answer
Trulia,

HGTV Front Door has a great article on this very topic that might help you:

How to Choose a Great Listing Agent
Ask these 10 questions to find the best professional to sell your property.
http://www.frontdoor.com/sell/how-to-choose-a-great-listing-…

Best of luck!

Chad Gray PA, Realtor
Luxury Living Fort Lauderdale
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate
754-300-6040

100% of clients rated our service as "EXCELLENT"!
http://luxurylivingfortlauderdale.com/what-clients-are-saying/

.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 14, 2012
John hit it right on! Sitting here at a school play lmao at his response!

Everyone thinks their house is worth 20% more than all the other comps because their house has new tile in master bath and a new garage door!
1- Am I pricing it too high?
2- Am I pricing it too high?
3- Am I pricing it too high?
4- Am I pricing it too high?
5- Am I pricing it too high?
6- Am I pricing it too high?
7- Am I pricing it too high?
8- Am I pricing it too high?
9- Am I pricing it too high?
10- Based on you professional experience, what should I ask for my property?
1. Is this your full-time job? How many clients have you served this year?
An active agent like myself will more then likely to be up-to-date on the market and the law.

2. How many sales have you handled in my target neighborhoods?
You want someone who knows the local market, with a few recent deals in your target neighborhoods.

3. When clients are unhappy with your service, what has gone wrong?
Asking why a client has been a bad fit for an agent can help you figure out if you’re a good fit.

4. Has a client ever filed a complaint against you?
If you’re uncomfortable asking, just check with the state licensing board as you always want to deal with people that have a good reputation.

5. What’s your fee?
The seller pays the buyer’s agent using the money you pay for the house, typically 3% of the sales price.

6. What services do you offer beyond negotiations and escrow?
Make a list of what you’ll be paying for. Negotiations, paperwork and contingencies are the minimum.

7. How many foreclosure or short-sale transactions have you handled?
Distressed properties can be great deals, but the paperwork is complicated, and your liability is greater. The best agents have experience closing deals with banks.

8. Who else will be working with me?
An agent is often supported by a team. But the person you hire should do most of the work.

9. How quickly can you get me into a home?
Hot homes move fast. Ask how the agent handles tours on short notice.

10. At what price do you think my house will sell in the current market? And why?
This will give you an understanding of the agent's knowledge of the market and their thought process in pricing your home, the most important decision you'll have to make. An experienced Realtor will refer to the recent market data, the current pool of comparable homes on the market, and your home's condition and amenities in giving you an answer. Make sure they factor in the "unzillowables". Also, if they rely solely on a value based on Zillow or any computer generated home value ... run, run, Forrest, run.
-
Florida Mortgage Broker Responds...

Selling real estate is easy regardless how some will try and make it sound scary or as if its Rocket Surgery!

Example: $300,000

The old way.

3% Commission = $9,000 to the Listing Agent

3% Commission = $9,000 to the Buyer’s /Selling Agent

OR…

The New way that works much faster!

1% Commission = $3,000 to the Listing Agent

5% commission = $15,000 to the Buyer’s/ Selling Agent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NWF23PvKCo&feature=related

FACT: The likelihood of Listing Agents selling their own listing is rare as many follow the "set it and forget it" strategy. They want to list homes and let other agents sell them.

The vast majority of homes are sold by Buyer’s agents who sell other agent’s listings. Therefore, offering a 5% or even 7% commission (vs. dropping the sales price which shows desperation) to any Buyer’s Agent can Greatly increase traffic on your home and the chances it will sell quickly and for a higher price!

It’s only human nature if you think about it, a Buyer's Agent reading the MLS in your area for homes to show their buyers see homes paying 2%, 2.5% and 3%, but then suddenly your listing grabs their attention paying 5% = $15,000! You can bet that Realtor will make DARN sure your home will be on the list to show their buyers! And I bet there will be a lot more positive things said about your home…ya think?

There are Realtors who will list your home for as low as 1% allowing you to offer 5% to the Buyer’s Agent to sell your home quickly and if they can sell your home, then more power to them as they can get paid the whole 6% for finding a buyer!

In effort to educate my clients and make sure they’re completely aware of just how popular Realtor Rebates /Buyer’s Agent Credit savings has become in Florida, please read the below:

FLORIDA REAL ESTATE COMMISSION Rule 61J2-10.028 (2) provides that: a licensee may share brokerage compensation with a party to a transaction (buyer or seller) as long as full disclosure is given to all interested parties.

US Dept. of Justice Consumer Alert: Consumers Can Save Thousands of Dollars in Commissions in 40 states
http://www.justice.gov/atr/public/real_estate/florida.html
http://www.justice.gov/atr/public/real_estate/commission-tab…

Google Search: FLORIDA REALTOR REBATES shows approx. 3,850,000 results (0.32 seconds).

Contact me so I can put you in touch with a realtor who can answer your questions

Steve McRory

Pro Option Mortgage/Florida

http://www.pro-option.com

steve@pro-option.com

Ph: 888 662 4404

Prior Service U.S. Marine Corps
===
I found this article for you...