njbundy, Home Seller in Big Bend, WI

What are the most popular sites potential home buyers look at? What other sources of info do they also check out for homes?

Asked by njbundy, Big Bend, WI Thu Aug 29, 2013

Answers

5
Shaukatali Kadibhai’s answer
Always seek help of Realtor in the area you are interested.
There is normally NO FEE for a buyers represntation .
All the buyers Realtors costs are paid by the seller.

Your Realtor will represent you and work on your behalf to find you the
house and options/criteria you need in a hoise.

Good Luck.

Kadibhai (Kadi)
Better Homes & Gardens Gary Greene, Realtor Katy/Houston
Phone: 832-228-7978
Fax: 281-646 1841
Email: kadi.kadibhai@garygreene.com
Web: http://www.har.com/kadi
"The highest compliment I am ever given is when
I am referred to your family & friends!"

Save on Electricity/Gas & get it for FREE http://www.EZNFree.energy526.com
I'd add that there are a lot of really great apps you can download onto your smart phone to search for homes. If you are out and about and happen past something you are interested in, these apps track where you are and bring the information right to you. Pictures, descriptions, lots of good information. My brokerage First Weber has one, as does Shorewest. You can also download trulia or zillow apps.

What an amazing age we live in! :)
Inman news keeps track of the real estate market.
According to them in 2013, these are the top five in order:

Zillow.com
Trulia.com
Realtor.com
Yahoo.com
Homes.com
Hello. Often Trulia and Zillow are at the top of search results for homes and Realtor.com typically comes in third. Homes.com is making a push into the market place. Keep in mind that real estate brokerages have the option of sharing their listings on these public sites and I know one large firm in the area that does not allow their listings to be on these third party sites. Therefore you may not see all available homes on the market on these sites. There is another site that is our regional public mls and the address is wihomes.com. To see a home on wihomes it must be listed in the mls.

Truly your best option is to ask a Realtor for help with your search. I typically open up a portal in MLS that fits my buyers criteria and they can see ALL the homes that are a match. We also have the option of adding an email that will go out to you as soon as a new listing hits the market that matches your search. We have market knowledge that can be very valuable to you as a buyer or seller.

Hope this helps!

Jen Burns
262-617-9333
Jennifer@realtyexecutives.com
SoldByJenBurns.com
There are a lot of great sites out there to look at.

My suggestion for property and neighborhood research is to use Trulia and Zillow combined.

To look at homes online REALTOR.com is a great resource.

To set up a search in specific areas you should contact a REALTOR, I am able to set up a search for you right down to whatever road or neighborhood you want to live on/in.

Enjoy your journey!