Home Selling in Tulsa>Question Details

Cindy Rodgers, Real Estate Pro in Tulsa, OK

What are the most important qualities you look for when choosing a Realtor to sell your home?

Asked by Cindy Rodgers, Tulsa, OK Wed Jun 26, 2013

Answers

5
Communication, Follow Thru, Marketing, Experience. These are the most important qualities. I have had several sellers come to me for help selling their home, due to dissatisfaction with their agent. The biggest complaint is not knowing what is going on. Find an agent that will keep you in the loop.

Monica Montalvo
Chinowth & Cohen Realtors
918-813-8075
You should find someone who is going to work for and with you. You need a realtor who is going to do more than just post a sign in your yard and field phone calls. A realtor who will return your phone calls within a reasonable time. People think that is easy to find but being a realtor I have called other realtors about their properties and waited DAYS to get a call back. That is frustrating. Cindy if you have not already listed your property I would love an opportunity to sit down with you and go over the different things I can offer as the listing and then buying agent. Please feel free to send me an email at amanda_gamble@cox.net
Experience and a demonstrable expertise in Internet Marketing. If you don't see the Realtors your interviewing prominently on sites such as Trulia, Zillow, Realtor.com, then you're not speaking to someone who understands and embraces the reality of selling real estate in the 21st century.

Additionally you should not pay a transaction fee which is nothing more than a profit center for the franchise companies, you're paying a commission which is more than sufficient. You should expect the Realtor to hire professional photographers to shoot your home, and the best will also hire a staging consultant to visit your home to advise on how to best present it

A good place to start as you're already using Trulia is the Find A Pro tab at the top of every page. Check out the top agents in your area and then check on other sites to see if they have a presence there as well.

Once you have found a Realtor who yo want to work with you should listen to them when it comes to pricing, remember you've hired them because their the experts and if you're not going to listen to them there's no sense in using them. All the marketing in the world isn't going to get your home sold if it's not properly priced.
What are the most important qualities you look for when choosing clients?
Track record of Results. Check Testimonials on Trulia and Zillow for each candidate. Schedule Interviews. Then review all of the data collected and make your choice. Best of Luck!