Home Selling in Dallas>Question Details

Trulia Dallas, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

What are the most effective marketing tools for selling a home?

Asked by Trulia Dallas, Dallas, TX Mon May 13, 2013

Answers

8
There are plenty of effective marketing tools and I wouldn't discount one over another as they all work together to benefit you, the seller. From professional photos, MLS(only agent has access to this), posting on different websites (agent has access to many websites), property panorama and/or video, networking etc. If you don't have an agent that I would suggest hiring one. The agent not only do the above but also promote your listing through networking, broker's open house, office meeting, hip pocket listing and many more.

Let me know if you are planning to sell your home, I have a very aggressive marketing plan. Also my service goes beyond marketing as I give you advice on preparing your home for the market to obtain the most offers and the best possible price, and communicating with you about the status, communicating with the other agent and the lender as well.

Take care,
Susie Kay, Realtor®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
Residential/Commercial/Investment
English-Indonesian-Hokkien
------------------------------------------------------------------
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net

http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
The most important tool is having a very connected real estate professional. Often times the properties I list and those of other agents are being sold outside of the MLS and public search engines. Therefore, it is vital that you choose an agent who knows all of the hip pocket listings and coming soon signs. Agents who do not know the areas your looking in rely on the same search engines you do. Yes, photos are the second most important thing in marketing a home but without an effective agent the photos won't do you any good.
I agree, photos are very important. As is word of mouth advertising, web listings, and a good curb appeal. Making sure it is priced correctly is also very helpful.
Having the greatest amount of exposure of the property's listing out on numerous real estate web sites is key to attracting the largest amount of potential buyers. Over 90% of buyers begin their search on the internet so the more exposure the better.

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
Photos are very important, I agree, but there are so many other factors. Are there pets, if so, sellers need to make sure that there are no odors from the pets and that the house is free from too much hair and paw prints on the floors. Also, the same if there are smokers, they should not be smoking in the hosue at all. But most important, is keeping the home clean and shiny, some minor staging if needed, making sure the home is available to view, and yes, the curb appeal. Also, advertising with eflyers, to other agents to get their attention. There are others, but I feel these are most important.
I do not disagree with the other answers boasting photos but I think there are other marketing tools that are just as important...staging, pricing and availability.

You have heard and seen about staging on the various DYI shows. The presentation of your home is like the first impression at a job interview. It begins with the landscaping and entrance. A tidy yard with a little color from plants is inviting and gives the buyer an immediate feeling of a well-cared for home. You also want to de-clutter (remove items from counters, clean out closets, remove junk). The feel you are going for is that the home as plenty of room for you to live in and that you are not being forced to stuff things in closets or stack them around the house in order to reside there. A nice fragance in the home is also inviting but avoid overpowering scents.

The more available your home is for viewing the more chances that your buyer will be able to walk through the doors. Too many sellers limit the availability too strictly for showing their homes leading potential buyers to feel that you do not really want to sell your home. Availability also includes accessibility. Make sure if you have a pet in the home that it is removed for showings or kenneled in such a way as not to frighten potential buyers.

Pricing, pricing, pricing is like location, location, location. Work with a knowledgable Realtor and price your competitively but not unrealistically. The buyers in today's market have many more tools at their fingertips than those in the past. Today's buyers know how many houses have sold in your neighborhood and for what prices opposed to previous years. Over price your home and the buyer may skip right over it.

All the pretty pictures cannot do as much as staging and good pricing.
Photos, photos photos that are professional and truly depict the appearance of the property. Along with photos, if someone takes an interest in a property, the more photos they can see, the better. My MLS allows us to post 25 photos and it is important to do so.
You'll most likely want to make sure you use a professional photographer, or that your realtor has a nice camera him/herself.

A lot of people also feature their listings on websites such as trulia, zillow, realtor.com, and homes.com. this way they come up first in their area when people are searching.

Open houses are also a great way to get plenty of people in the door at once so you aren't having to leave your home for showings all the time.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Andrew.smith@coldwellbanker.com
(214) 686-1507