good buy and then offer More and run the price up to where the seller would like to be or higher.
If it is the consumers idea to offer more it is OK but if seller prices too high buyers run away.
(Just human Nature)
2) Not getting property, pest/termite and roof inspections up front and instead letting the buyer
do the inspections and throw them in the sellers face and ask for the seller to pay the costs.
Amici Real Estate
After about 30 days on the market most buyers will move on assuming there is something wrong with the home.
The same applies to those who deliberately priced at a fraction of the true value thinking it will start a bidding war. The fact is the offers coming in a almost all low.
Keller Williams Realty
For me it starts with who you hire to represent you in the sale of your home.
1. Not taking the time to adequately prepare the home for sale
2. Ignoring an agents pricing recommendations -over pricing
3. Not leaving the home in showing condition daily
4. Not requesting a comprehensive marketing plan for the sale of their home
5. Being present during showings
6. Selling with a renter in place
7. Allowing showings only on certain days or times
8. Pets.......owner should make special arrangement for pets
9. Leaving the home with cigarette smoke evident
10. Not knowing their competition
Not being ready for the photographer. There is a limit to how much time the photographer will spend. The photographer's time can be spent dealing with problems caused by a messy house or making a clean house look stunning.
Having tenants ... house is never neat and access is very limited.
Trying to dictate how to sell their house ... what marketing and when. Selling a home is a dynamic process. Plans have to adapt to new information and changes in the marketplace.
San Jose real estate information at http://julianalee.com/san-jose.htm
Top 2 agent nationwide at Keller Williams Realty, the nations largest
Over 20 years experience
Over 1,000 homes sold in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties
Failure to reduce price even after agent provide statistic to support the need to drop the price. House remains on market longer and will sell for less.
The other issue is failing to disclose honestly any known condition. Plus, when they want to control the process by not allowing their agent to do the job they hired them to do.