Home Selling in New York>Question Details

Trulia New Y…, Other/Just Looking in New York

What are the best practices for staging a home?

Asked by Trulia New York, New York Mon Mar 25, 2013

Answers

4
De-clutter, de-clutter, de-clutter - fresh paint, clean windows, clean floors, clean appliances, repair or replace old electric outlets in wall, make sure the doors have door knobs. If possible neutral colors, with color accents. Less is more - put it in storage if you have no place to hide it. The rest is to taste, but the simpler the better. Susanna Miller, Sr. Assoc. Broker, Douglas Elliman Real Estate, smiller@elliman.com, NYC - Certified Stagent (Staging Agent)
First, do no harm.

Secondly, be certain that your skills and ability are adequate for the task.

Third, stay within budget.

Fourth, when confronted with a choice between making a statement and making the home more salable, remember who your client is.
I wish life and real estate would be as easy as 1 2 3, one question one answer, not so, each home hat its individual good and bad sides and will require different methods to prepare it for the market, to sell
quicker and at a better price, therefore the Realtor who sees the inside and outside of the home, can make many suggestions to the homeowners....

Unless the home is vacant or really requires the services of a professional staging company with the required rental of furniture and accessories, many minor things can be done inexpensively by the home owners before putting the home on the market
which includes all minor little repairs
moving around furniture or removing some to show the home as more spacious
clean clean and more clean, make the windows sparkle, new carpeting or cleaning
May be some curb appeal landscaping additions if nothing else a few dramatic flower
pots
And yes some paint, if not all rooms but potentially a wall here and there with
and attractive accent paint color

When all is done, the photos that will then be taken should be of the best quality and be exciting
so that when they show all over the internet potential buyers get excited and want to see the home in person.
Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE 
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties -----EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at htttp://www.tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area. HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
Fresh coat of paint is a great return on investment

David Callaghan
917-747-5528