Home Selling in Orlando>Question Details

Jo Meyer, Real Estate Pro in Middle Island, NY

What are the average commission fees for a Realtor in Orlando FL?

Asked by Jo Meyer, Middle Island, NY Thu Jun 3, 2010

( I am thinking of putting a house on the market)

Answers

6
The Average Commission is 6%, split 3/3.

However my team offers a Variable Commission Structure.

To get more information - 407.227.9182

Lee Rosa
RGT | Orlando
Commissions are always negotiable. Some agents believe a higher commission gets more sales. I believe they definitely get more showings. But as other posts have pointed out, NEVER try to set a standard !!!

Robin
Century 21 Flag Agency
Titusville, FL
Karen,

A word of warning: there's nothing funny or to be taken lightly about agents discussing commissions in a public forum.
This has been discussed ad nauseum on this website as to why that is and I would suggest you brush up on anti-trust laws and why it is better to err on the side of caution regarding this issue.
It could save you a lot of grief.
All commissions are negotiable between you and your agent, there are no set standards as it would be against Federal Laws, in particular the Shearman Anti Trust Act, etc. --choose your agent with care.
It's all negotiable. It likely will be lower with an a la carte company, where you pay separately for each provided service. It might be higher with a full-service company.

Best thing to do would be to determine what services you want. Then call different Realtors and talk to them about it.

Note: You've described yourself as an "Agent." That'd be an odd question for an agent to be asking.
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
You should call a number of agencies and ask what they charge. There are no average commissions.