Home Selling in Fort Worth>Question Details

finz_2002, Home Owner in Fort Worth, TX

What are some ways to make my home more commpetive? It has been for sell for 14 months.

Asked by finz_2002, Fort Worth, TX Mon Apr 30, 2012

Answers

8
First step, when your contract ends setup multiple appointments with numerous agents find the one that best fits your needs. Second: Let your house stay off of the market long enough for the days on market to expire (no one likes seeing an old listing) this will help bring people back in. You need to reconfigure your thoughts on pricing. A investor is just that he will nickel in dime everything to try to get it for a steal. I would love for you to contact me so I can help you and your family out.

3xUS Army Veteran
Joseph Fernandez
cell: 817-975-7258
off: 817-675-1157
website: http://www.blissful-estates.com
I would like to take a look at your home and can give you some ideas.
It could be condition, marketing, or price.
We just have to see it to know for sure.
14months is a long time.

From what I can see in the pictures....we need to do some things to make you more competitive. We need to do some painting. We need to offer some painting. Some of the things you have done look super cool, but you have to think many people are looking at homes that are all neutral. You want to appeal to 90 out of 100 people, not 1 out of 100. Many of my clients might think it is cool, but for you and not for them. Also we need to do some staging. I'm thinking some of the collections have to be packed. Living is a home is very different than selling it these days.

I think if there is anything we can figure out with the dog, that might help too. That might be an obstacle to selling. I often have clients here for a day. We try to plan ahead, but sometimes they change plans mid stream, so we change showings mid stream. We can always give 3hrs notice. They've flow in for the day, so if we can't see your house right now, we may not see it. We're in Keller from 1-3, Southlake from 2-4, Hulen from 4-6. So if I call at 1 to see your house at 2pm, we might not see it and the buyer won't buy it.

I would also include the minerals. You got them when you bought the house, include them when you sell. Some people care and some don't. I do get buyers who won't buy if they don't get the minerals and you own them. It's just kind of a flag that sticks out at me.

At this point you probably need an agent who will be really tough with you about the realities of the market and not someone who will dance around to keep you happy, but not sell your house.

Bruce Lynn
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
I pre-listing home inspection will show you the condition your home is in. If you need to make repairs, you can do them prior to listing and show receipts for the work to prospective buyers.

Here is more info from my website:
http://www.systematichomeinspections.com/dallas-home-inspect…

John Safstrom
Systematic Home Inspections
214-600-4344
Important factors:

1. Price
2. Condition
3. Location

It might be another factor as simple as staging the home correctly or trying to sell it yourself. I read recently that 96% of all home transactions have a realtor involved. Contact me if I can help. Good luck!
Price, condition and location, internet advertising and I offer a virtual tour which it helps on looking at the home and property, plus I download about 25 photos of your home this usually helps on selling your home. If you don't currently have your home listed I would be happy to meet with you and discuss on how we can get your home sold. Please call me at your convenience.

Thank you
Benita Gavrel-Rowell
817-800-5057
Alexander Chandler Realty,LLC
6336 Camp Bowie Blvd.
Fort Worth, TX 76116
817-806-4100
Most likely it's the price. Ask your agent for new comps and make sure it's priced right.
Price, condition and location are all important factors in selling a home. If it is not currently listed I would be happy to meet with you and discuss your situation. If it is currently listed work closely with your real estate professional, honestly, about realistic pricing and anything they might suggest as far as making it more appealing to prospective buyers. Make it easy to show with a lock box and easy showing instructions.
1. Do you have your home listed with a Realtor ?
2. For Sale by owner homes are typcially on the market longer home buyers don't search for homes without using a Realtor .
3. What is price of home ? Luxury homes Days on Market longer than average home.
4. Millions of questions require answers prior to understanding why your home been on the market for 14 months.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com