1. get rid of the clutter both inside the home and out to show more space. In case you have old boxes full of things, files, clothing, etc., it's a good idea to think of a garage sale, removing stored items to other locations, etc. (Once you sell the property you'd have to take care of that anyway);
2. bring in more natural light in every possible way. Pay attention to window curtains, drapes, cleaning skylights, replacing light bulbs in light fixtures, etc.;
3. emphasize the views by trimming trees, vegetation, removing clutter in front of the windows and balconies.
If the place is vacant it might need some staging as not everyone has creative imagination to see beyond presented reality.
I have some great designers and stagers ready to assist.
Just email or call me for the contacts and more info.
I'll be happy to take a look at a property and provide you with free market price opinion.
Indeed it is a great market for standard sellers, not a lof of competition!
Help with Any Real Estate Transaction - Buy or Sell
Call me 424-777-9377 - FREE CONSULTATION!
Should you have any questions - please feel free to call me Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 (1-855-878-7855) ext. 777.
President - RealtorÂ®
- Trust Sale Realty -
Residential & Commercial Real Estate
Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55
Toll Free: 1-855-878-7855
Fax: 310-356-4925 http://www.TrustSale.com http://www.TrustSaleRealty.com
- We Hire CA Licensed Real Estate Agents -
The easiest and cheapest way to increase value is - de-cluttering and cleaning EVERYTHING - closets, garages, cabinets, front door...everything. You can increase the value of your home by $2,000 - simply by cleaning and de-cluttering ( de-cluttering is getting rid of all the extra papers, furniture, pictures, and stuff that fills a room up). You can increase the value and get it sold faster, so it's a great deal.
Generally you will not get a higher amount but you can get less
Clean your home,
stage if possible
plant flowers, curb appeal
or you will probably NOT GET AVERAGE PRICE
Doing both, you'll give potential buyers the sense that you've almost out of the home. That makes it so much easier for them to imagine themselves in the home. And, having less furniture and clutter and brightening the home will help make the home seem bigger and in turn, more valuable.
If you're willing to invest a bit of time and money to further increase the value, then cleaning up your yard and planting some fresh flowers can really help increase your curb appeal. It usually doesn't cost much, maybe a few hundred dollars at an home improvement store and a weekend or two.
- De-clutter, when you are selling your home, it needs to become as 'model home' like as possible. That means, if your closets are completely stuffed with clothes, shoes etc. go through your closets and take out everything you don't plan on wearing for the next 4 months.
- Remove all personal pictures. When a home buyer looks at homes, it is always an awkward experience because they are walking into another persons most personal space. Make your home feel as less personal as you can.
- Sunlight, when selling your home, sunlight is your biggest friend, make sure all blinds are open, and that no furniture is blocking the light.
- If you have extremely personalized tastes, and this is reflected in wallpaper, wall paint, carpets etc. neutralize. Paint is an inexpensive fix and can change a room like nothing else. Again, your home is no longer your personal sanctuary, it is now an asset you are needing to sell. You wouldn't go on a first date having just rolled out of bed and throwing on your closest pair of sweatpants. Treat your home the same way you would/have treated yourself when getting ready to meet a potential partner for the first time.
This leads me to the most effective way to increase value in your home for free, CLEAN. So many times I will take clients into homes that are filled with clutter, that are dirty. No prospective buyer wants to know you ate cereal this morning because you left the dirty bowl in the sink.
Selling your house or condo is a commitment. You have to clean it every single time a prospective buyer comes to see it. De-clutter, neutralize, de-personalize and clean your home. You will be amazed at the responses you will get and an aesthetically pleasing home always brings in higher offers than one that isn't.