1. Determine any minor repairs and get them taken care of. Not a bad idea to have a home inspection done to identify these areas.
2. Declutter and arrange the home for a great presentation outside and inside
3. The three biggest focus rooms are the Kitchen, Master Bedroom, and Master Bathroom. These rooms not only should be tip-top shape, but look for anything that may be outdated and update them. There may be some lower-cost updates that can be a good payoff later (i.e. cabinets).
4. If you are including appliances, make sure they are in good shape and clean.
What you do not want to do is enter into selling with a presentation that forces people to start thinking of many things they have to replace or change the dollar signs start building up in their head which results in dollars they are taking off their offer amount.
WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO SEND YOU A HOME ENHANCEMENT GUIDE? COURTESY OF COLDWELL BANKER PREMIER PROPERTIES.
gOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SALE.
2) Make the entrance attractive -- use flowers and cut shrubs. Clean area
3) De-clutter closets and other storage areas
4) Make inside of house look "immaculate".
5) New coat of paint and rugs, if necessary