Diane Beck, Principal Owner and Lead Stylist at VIBRANT Interiors,
utilizes her talents and know-how to help homeownerâ€™s and real estate
agents merchandise homes and style rooms families love to live in.
For expert staging and styling advice check out the VIBRANT Interiors
Best of Luck!
Gardner Reddinger Team
Usually the least expensive modifications may be the most effective and best return for the money invested. Things like a good cleaning and sprucing up, painting and floors coverings, and sprucing up the landscaping. Also first impression are important so attention to the front of the house, the front door and the what you see when you first enter the home can help maximize your return. You should also pay close attention to staging and you do not have to spend a lot of money on it by using the attributes of the home that are the most desirable and dressing it up a little with flowers, nice bedspreads and linens, etc. Most importantly, clean, declutter, polish, clean and clean.
1. Look at your curb appeal. Consider a fresh coat of paint on your front door. Does your landscaping look fresh and well maintained. Remember you don't get a second chance to make that first impression
2. Consider a coat of paint on your interior walls and trim. Nothing can freshen rooms faster than freshly painted walls and trimwork that is not peeling and chiping
3. Consider low cost updates. For example new decorative pillows, new cabinet hardware for your kitchen and baths.
4. Consider replacing any old/dated light fixtures. This alone can really spruce up a room
5. Don't overlook your lighting. Ensure that each room is light and bright. Replace any old/burnt out bulbs and even add extra lights where needed
6. Clean, Clean, Clean and Declutter. Every home shows so....... much better when it is super clean and most of the kick knacks etc. are removed. Remember that you want buyers to look at your home and not all of your things. Consider possibly renting off site storage or a POD to allow you to lighten rooms and have them show the very best that they can.
Good luck with your preparation and eventual sale!
Good Curb Appeal - Clean, Friendly and Welcoming
Clean Carpet or Polish Floors
Those are the easy things you can do and don't underestimate how much they can add to the value. From there just remember that Kitchens and Bathrooms sell homes, anything you do with them should improve your value.