Home Selling in Tulsa>Question Details

Trulia, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA

What are some effective ways to increase the value of your home before selling?

Asked by Trulia, San Francisco, CA Fri Mar 2, 2012

Answers

3
Look for things that you would look for if you were looking for a home. Walk outside and imagine that you are the buyer then go back inside...
Baseboards, squeaky doors, mold in the shower, dirty tile in shower, make sure the kitchen floors (if tile) s clean especially the grout, clear out, de-personalize, LESS is more...There is so many things. If you would like more information contact me via http://www.SharynTheWealth.com or call/TEXT me at 918.605.1480
Clean, clean, clean! And, don't forget to declutter! I also advise my sellers to have any noticeable repairs completed prior to listing. Chipping paint, scuffed walls, snagged carpet, worn wood finishes, etc. detract value in the mind of a buyer, no matter how beautiful the floorplan or furnishings. Something else to consider is not only how well your home will show in person, but also how well it will photograph. Little things make an especially big difference in photography. With over 84% of buyers looking online before they set foot in the door, you'll want to make sure your home shines in professional photos. Doing updates in accord with the comparables help get you top market dollar. For a personal consultation, feel free to call me at 918-951-7009.

Allison Sheffield
Multi-Million Dollar Producer
Chinowth & Cohen Realtors
3912 E. 91st. St., Tulsa, OK 74137
918-951-7009 Cell
918-392-0900 Office
asheffield@cctulsa.com
http://www.AllisonSellsTulsa.com
The most basic thing is to make sure it is de-cluttered and shows well. Next, a fresh coat of paint in a neutral color makes it appealing to a broader audience. (Definitely get rid of any wallpaper!) If you are looking for how to spend your money most effectively, kitchens and baths are the top priorities for upgrading. You will get the most "bang for your buck" in those areas. In our area, granite in the kitchen and stainless steel appliances are becoming the standard. Bathrooms should have updated fixtures and tile versus carpet. If you want a professional opinion of your particular home in the Tulsa area, please call me at 918 361-6231 (Ronda Butler)