I recommend doing any repairs that you are able, updating outdated appliances, a quick inexpensive makeover to landscaping and generally preparing your home as if your in-laws are coming to visit. ;) If you have more money to spend then I can send you a helpful guide to the top value-improving upgrades for home selling. Email me your email or mailing address and I will get it to you. http://www.GetLeisa.com
I would add to that...
* de-clutter the kitchen...remove magnets from the refridgerator, remove small applicances from the counter tops, etc.
* new towels in the bathrooms, some silk plants or fresh flowers if so desired
* paint or clean the front door so the first impression is a good one. Also, polish the doorknobs
* dust and remove cobwebs from exterior entryway light fixtures
* dust interior ceiling light fixtures
* de clutter wherever you can....that is so important.
* Definately spruce up the outside with weed removal, some new flowers/plants, and fresh mulch
There are so many things that can be done with little or no cost, to increase the value of your home!
Stefanie Cohen, PA, ABR, SFR
Prudential Florida Realty
Atlantic Properties International
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- updated kitchen, bathrooms or refinish kitchen cabinets, install granite countertops, new appliances
- curb appeal
- upgrade floors to wood or tile / clean existing carpet (if any)
- create extra storage in garage (if any)
- eliminate clutter in the house
Keep the house clean
More Involved: Update the kitchen. Here's a post on Trulia about the topic -
Chad Gray, Realtor
Luxury Living Fort Lauderdale