Home Selling in Naperville>Question Details

Jim, Home Seller in Naperville, IL

What 3 agents sell the most homes in Naperville.?

Asked by Jim, Naperville, IL Tue Jun 5, 2012

Answers

7
This is a great question to ask. The list varies month to month. The list also includes REO agents who sell only foreclosures in mass quantities.

I will be happy to provide you with the list of agents if you contact me. If you personally, are looking for an agent you want to have a list if your needs ready and interview three agents. Start with the phone or meet at the agents office. First make sure THEY ARE FULL TIME. If possible listen to their voicemail, email and text to see how quickly they respond. Of course if they are with a client allow up to 3 hours as an agent does not answer a phone when in front of a client.

The list should include your needs and how they agent will meet your needs. Will the agent be contacting you directly or will their assistant be contacting you? DO they use an 800# or do they personally talk to the agents showing your home. If you are selling how much time and money will they devote to your personal listing? Are they relocation certified? How large is their company and do they have national and international backing? How long can I expect my house to be on the market? What do you do that sets you apart from the rest?

As for the top three agents in the Naperville area I would take out the agents who sell primarily foreclosures, then I would ask for the top 20% agents as they usually do 80% of the business. This should be single agents, not teams as some top agents are a group all under one agents name so it needs to be accurate.

Like everything else, how we do Real Estate has changed and make sure your agent provides the latest technology and the social media that is required to thrive in today's real estate market. The agents who answered this are considered top in my book as they are actively using Trulia to be informed and keep current on the latest Real Estate news and updates. Trulia is a great resource and agents active on TRULIA are truly the TOP AGENTS in the area as they are savvy when it comes to the internet and on the cutting edge of technology.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY REAL ESTATE IS ABOUT YOU AND THE AGENT YOU PICK SHOULD MEET AND EXCEED YOUR NEEDS.

Look online and find out who has the best exposure if you are selling. If you are buying or selling look on Zillow and Trulia for testimonials of the agents.

Great question.
Tamara Schuster, Real Estate Agent. Broker
Naperville Illinois and Chicagoland
www. BrokerOfNaperville.com
The top 3 realtors fluctuate from level of activity from month to month and year to year.
Also one may have a top realtor of the month or year, but perhaps at that stage one will not get the same level of care and attentiveness from the realtor as they tend to be very busy. So if you are looking for a realtor/broker in Naperville, best to interview 3 and pick the one that meets your needs and is most compatibile with you. Get one referral from a friend and relative, get one referral from perhaps a home that sold in your neighborhood or that a home that is similar to yours, and search the Internet for a third agent. Get their marketing plans, learn about their brokerage's services and reputation, meet in person and you will find the right agent. There are many qualified agents in Naperville. All the best, Gloria, sold4ubygloria@gmail.com
Not sure I'm in the top three however efficiently in the top ten. Been selling about 40-50 homes per year. Already ahead of my goal for this year of 60, so far sold 34. The market has not been this strong since 2002. Please call me with any questions or concerns.

Dan
http://www.DanFirks.com
Hi Jim,

The saying is "20% of the agents do 80% of the business," and it is true. The question is how can you find a good real estate agent?
My suggestion for you is to interview few agents. Here are few questions you should ask to ensure you are getting the right person working for you like their professional qualifications, experience, marketing and communication skills.
Best of Luck!
Shahzana Ripp
Thank you for your reply. Over the past year, I've interviewed 8 agents. Didn't go with the lowest or highest. The listing will expire soon. I've been wrong twice and these agents list a lot of properties. Very exasperating.
Flag Tue Jun 5, 2012
Yes and what importance would that have to you?
Do you want an experienced Realtor who knows the area and the market well, but at the same time
has the time to service you well?
How about a Realtor who has 2 Listings and sold both and a Realtor who had 15 listings and sold 2, which one do you want to work with you and for you? Do you want a Realtor who works with you all the time, and not one time an assistant or another Realtor for this that and something else.
Do you want to make sure you can reach your Realtor, when need be, one who will have the time to understand your needs and circumstances, one who will keep you informed about the showings, the feedbacks, the market changes, new homes competing with yours, those sold and why and yours not and why.....Just think about it select your Realtor like you do your dentist, Family doctor, attorney and friends....

Honesty, time, and great understanding of your situation, someone you feel is in it in YOUR VERY BEST INTEREST?

iF YOU NEED ANY RECOMMENDATIONS OF rEALTORS IN YOUR area of naperville, let us know and we will gladly send some good recommendations your way.

Good Luck to you!
EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Edith YourRealtor4Life! Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and
Investors alike.... Covering the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs and the fine homes of the North Shore. Edith always goes the X-tra Mile with SMILE for her clients.

@Properties Northshore - 30 Green Bay Road, Winnetka, Il. 60093
Feel free to visit my website to get to know me and my services better...

Good Luck to you!
EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com

Hi Jim,

That answer changes from one year to the next - one month to the next. If you're looking for an agent to help you sell your home, your best course of action is to interview several agents. Make sure you're comfortable with them and they you. Make sure they're providing as much exposure as possible. Do they understand marketing? Do they communicate enough? Are they looking out for your best interest or their best interest?

Some face time goes a long way to answering some of these questions. Heaven knows there are plenty of agents in Naperville. You just need to find one that's the right fit for you.

Good luck in your search.

Michele Nixon
michele@michelenixon.com
Jim,

If communication is an issue, tell her. You never have to settle for sub-standard service. As for whose interests are the priority - I think you know from the level of service you're receiving. If you're questioning it, then it's definitely time for a conversation with her. This may sound strange but, if she's not hearing feedback from you, she may not know she's doing anything wrong.

Also, keep in mind, most listing agreements can be terminated at any time if either party is unhappy. Again, you shouldn't have to settle for sub-standard service.

Michele
Flag Wed Jun 20, 2012
The agent I'm currently with has approx. 25 homes listed. I believe she understands marketing. Communication is a problem. Whose interests is she looking out for? Do you really ever know for sure?
Flag Tue Jun 5, 2012
I am definitely not on that list...
Yet. :)