Danielle Sil…, Renter in Chicago, IL

We were sent an e-mail chain from our agent that expressed that she "hoped" she wouldn't have to work with us much longer..What should?

Asked by Danielle Silverman, Chicago, IL Mon Aug 13, 2012

we do? We had asked her to check on new photographs that had been taken of our home since we relandscaped. The agent had sent an inquiry into her office expressing "unhappiness" at having to work with us and forwarded us the e-mail response about the photographs, not realizing that her comments were a part of the chain.

Answers

12
Why do I have the overwhelming feeling that we only have a small part of the whole story?
Oh... fun.

I'd be contacting her managing broker and set up a private meeting ... bring the copy of the "damning" email with you, and ask her, based on that email, to reassign you to a different agent in the office, or to release your listing so you can find an agent and agency that values your business.
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in 60201
there are 2 sides to every story.that is not at all the way the broker saw it.she loves her work but every day the owner was angry about something that was easily resolved with a simple q. and A.would love to work with the owners if they would let her do her job and not put her down every chance they got like nobody else knows what they are doing---and they do!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 13, 2012
Actually there are probably more than 2 sides to this story because the broker was involved, so were the other people in the office who has the misfortunate of being included in the e-mail that revealed how the agent "wished" she never had to deal with these clients any more. Interestingly, everyone, but the agent who acted so unprofessionally saw and agreed with the clients and were apologetic to the clients; while the agent continued to leave angry and hurtful voicemails on the clients message machine. The clients were so mistreated that they gave up their dream to move to the city because it was such a negative experience and they have saved the voicemails, juts in case "anyone" ever questioned their "side" of the story again...
Flag Sat Sep 28, 2013
There's an old saying, "the customer is always right"..any real estate sales person who doesn't see the importance of providing service, should consider leaving the field
Flag Fri Oct 19, 2012
I would suggest you contact the managing broker and request another designated broker be assigned to you. You shouldn't be forced to work with a broker that considers you a burden. Home selling is stressful enough. You should have a broker that is fully engaged in helping to
sell your home.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 13, 2012
As a broker who has dealt with many an agent like the one you mentioned and who has contacted their broker hoping for a professional response, I would recommend you skip trying to work it out and move on so you can limit additional aggravation. I've found few brokers are interested in hearing about unprofessional behavior exhibited by their agents and even fewer will deal with it.

Do yourself a favor and fire the brokerage and move on.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 13, 2012
This question was posted Aug 12, 2012.
Don't you think everyone's 'hopes' came true?
No, the clients wanted to sell their home and change their lifestyle, but because of what happened, they gave up on a dream just to stop the abuse...
Flag Sat Sep 28, 2013
You basically have been hounding her every time you do a new update to the yard to take photographs no? lol.
I have had my fair share of sellers just like you... and you know what, I am always happy to see my sellers eager to assist me by forwarding me new photographs, because believe it or not new pictures can sometimes help boost views. Yup. Heck, I have even gone out to update pictures myself... how nice of you guys to actually do her job for her! And for what? For her to complain about it?! How ridiculous!

So as others have suggested, speak with her broker. She should be just as motivated to sell your home as you are- if not more!
Contact me. i'll tell you why your home hasn't sold and what needs to be done to accomplish a sale. If your agent isn't a good fit for you, now would be a good time to move on.
Sadly this agent is too lazy to communicate by addressing a simple email to you without forwarding the chain of communication and even sadder that she would feel that she wants to get rid of you.
I like to feel like my clients are friends for life that will trust me to protect their interests. Find someone who cares more about you than her commission.
Yikes! It would concern me that she didn't realize her comments would show on what she forwarded to you. I have had agents that are on the other side of a negotiation do the same thing and it gave me a huge advantage because I could see comments from their clients that were not meant for my eyes.
I think the best thing to do is to contact the managing Broker and ask to have a different agent assigned to your listing. She may be suffering from "burn-out" or it may be a personality conflict, but you need someone enthusiastically working for you.
I agree with all. I would contact her managing broker and work it out with them. If she doesn't want to work with you, there are plenty of others who will.

You are obligated to the contract with the broker, but they can reassign you to a different agent or they can let you go. It has to be a mutually beneficial arrangement.
I apologize for your bad experience. Please don't think all realtors act this way. I too would contact her managing broker as a first step. And find an agent that will take the appropriate steps with you and act on your behalf as they should.
If you need any other advice please feel free to contact anytime.
Coleen